Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1448 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Feelin' Jovani walked so Babylon could run.

Countess Luann is due her royalties.

4Roses, thefaceofyou, ChrisC and 2 others like this.
  2. The fact that we're 24 hours into having the album and people are discussing Summer Boy, a song I don't think I've seen mentioned on this forum since the winter of 1892 is wild.

3. RJF

RJF

And I'm starting the LG7 thread tonight.

4. Finally some good fucking food.

evilsin, 4Roses, constantino and 18 others like this.
  5. Sam

Sam

Summerboy best song on the fame bottom line cut and dry

6. She should work with RedOne I think he’ll fix her career

evilsin, 4Roses, constantino and 28 others like this.
  7. I second this! It's potentially my favourite Gaga album (definitely the one I come back to the most).

HEARTCORE likes this.
  8. It seems a tad premature to be thinking about Cheek 2 Cheek, but I guess you Little Bennettones have been waiting a long time already!

9. Talking of The Fame, I Like it Rough is still a tune

Kuhleezi and stuaw like this.
  11. Edu

Edu

Ally Maine coming back with a new song called Love Me Right was also such a pleasant surprise. Like Halsey said in the movie when was announcing the Best New Artist winner at the Grammys: how great.

LilioDiLalo likes this.
  12. Oooft, the sumptuous, quality hooks aplenty across The Fame.

Fame! (FAME!)
    Doin' it for the
    Fame! (FAME!)
    Cos we gottttta
    Taste for champagne
    And endless fortune

[​IMG]

Don't want no paper gangsta
    Won't sign no monkey papers
    I don't do funny business
    Not interested in fakers

[​IMG]
    I'm in the bedroom
    With tissues, and when
    I know you're outside banging
    And I won't let you in

[​IMG]

evilsin, Saetana, Sail On and 32 others like this.
  13. The fact I'm entering a Gaga album thread on release day to discover people talking about all of her releases but this one. This is crazy.

This isn't a comment on anyone's use of the thread of opinion on the album by the way. It's just an interesting observation that's this is where her fanbase has arrived (or at least the ones on this forum).

LilioDiLalo and robster like this.
  14. The fuck this! I went for a beer and my mouth was chatting but my brain was like

WE
    [​IMG]

OWN
    [​IMG]

THE
    [​IMG]

DOWNTOWN
    [​IMG]

15. While I’m enjoying Chromatica I certainly don’t think it’s challenging... any of her albums at this point. At least not for me. There is some element to it that doesn’t feel atypically her in the back of my mind the more I listen and I can’t ever put my finger on it. But then there are some undeniable high points which feel so true to her that my criticism then fades away. If anything it actually feels more of the “outcast” of her albums to me than Joanne does, despite it veering more to the dance sound she made her name from. It feels more a case of Gaga submitting to dance music than making it bend at her will like she’s done in the past. Which is fine - I absolutely believe this is the album she wanted and needed to make and I can respect that, but the past five were so intrinsically her that nobody else could make them - that isn’t the case for everything here. But when she nails it, she nails it. It’s just that the lower ebb feels pretty anonymous in places.

I think it’s enjoyable but certainly not worth the agonising near 4 years. The mythologising and drawn out silence did nobody any favours with that one. Do I wish it took more cues from the George Michael Too Funky vibes and leant significantly more into its classic 90’s house vibe? Yes. Do I think it’s probably a little too bloated with eurodance laced drops? Yes. Am I enjoying the biggest majority of it? Also yes.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Saetana, sesita, Kuhleezi and 14 others like this.
  16. Oh, so we're praising album tracks from her previous albums now?

Let me throw this out there: "Americano" is the best song from "Born This Way". My favourite since the very first play.

17. I love Neon Genesis Evangelion: Chromatica

Mr Blonde likes this.
  18. Oh. Sis.

19. Americano's a bit of a headache-in-a-can moment but I can't fault the message and the fact that she had the balls to even record something like it in the first place? Wig.

The Gregori Klosman remix is also absolutely lethal to this day. That bassline, whew!

Mr Blonde likes this.
  20. I think I’m just grieving that this is a Gaga album with so few choruses that I actually enjoy listening to.

mayhuee, RainOnFire and Maki like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.