Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1450 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Homophobes.

(Kidding. Or am I)

2. Free Woman wishes it had 1/8th of the flavor in that gif.

spaceship, Cutlery and The Knowledge like this.
  3. Guess what... On the night before the leak were were discussing The Queen for multiple pages.

It's Gaga.

spaceship, Maki and Andy French like this.
  4. I can't stand the "Babylon/babble on" word play sprinkled throughout. It's so consciously camp as to be off-putting. It's not like I'll turn the album off when it plays, but it's just not it.

elektroxx and MmmDani like this.
  5. As somebody who hated the sound of the clownlabs version of Babylon, I'm surprised to say that it's one of my favorites in its final form. It feels genuinely playful and fun and like Bloodpop didn't powerwash away any and all grit from the sound.

evilsin, 4Roses, constantino and 28 others like this.
  6. RhythmNative

RhythmNative Staff Member

The instrumental is...entirely different.

hellokitty657865 likes this.
  7. Thinking of the alternate world where we got a Mark Ronson helmed 90s leaning dance album. Late Night Feelings via CeCe Peniston. With the early Eli Russell esque Diva™ imagery? Sigh. I don’t know why I do it to myself.

Kuhleezi, Crisp X, spaceship and 13 others like this.
  8. Am I the only one stanning Alice? The vocal melodies are so delicious and it's easily my favorite on the album.

Saetana, Delulu, sesita and 8 others like this.
  9. Just finished listening all the way through.

"Sine From Above" is without a doubt the standout here.

The disappointing breakdown can be fixed for a single release/video edit.

Only song that clicked instantly and made me want to go back again and again.

The video could be phenomenal. Get Elton and Gaga flying through the galaxies interspersed with past images of them performing together as holograms or whatever.

man.tis.shrimp and spaceship like this.
  10. I really think this was the obvious lead single. I understand why she didn’t want to put a collaboration out as her lead, but did it have to be Stupid Love? Alice was right there

MilesAngel, Maki, LGStan93 and 2 others like this.
  11. I'm very aware of that. I'm saying this one has more character than the hauslabs one.

aux and Andy French like this.
  12. "Alice" doesn't read "single" to me at all. Like, at all.

Euphoria, Mikal, BrokenHearts and 3 others like this.
  13. If Alice had been the first thing I had heard from this album.
    [​IMG]

Muffy, sis, the expectations.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    Delulu, MmmDani, Maki and 2 others like this.
  14. Alice is a nice album opener. It is not a single. Though funnily enough it is also the one song that feels the closet to The Fame Monster and her RedOne sound. Like if it were sandwiched between Monster and Dance In the Dark it would work pretty well.

15. Is this true?

16. Alice would have been an excellent introduction to the sound of the album.

MmmDani likes this.
  17. Sam

Sam

That ARTPOP lyric reference in Alice though. Just chefs kiss

18. The way Sour Candy sounds like a leaked Britney demo circa 2010. It’s very

QueenB likes this.
  19. There are a few songs on here that sound like they were written for Britney 10 years ago.

4Roses, Sail On, RossMusik and 8 others like this.
  20. The way I used to stan this and how dated and naff it sounds now. Kind of like Sour Candy.

popzone likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.