Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1451 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Wait I'm suddenly completely obsessed with this album I get it fuck

2. I liked her little interview on Graham Norton. She seemed a lot brighter than in the Zane Lowe interview. She's so sweet

3. Does the record sound that different to what people expected?

The singles are pretty representative of its retro house and slightly updated old-skool Gaga.

She does big pop hooks, so it was always going to have those. I doubt she’ll ever go too underground - too much to lose. And that’s fine.

strictmachine79 likes this.
  4. I listened to the album and liked it very much ama!

mcuk likes this.
  5. Stupid Love works really well next to Rain On Me and Free Woman. I'm not sure why anyone thinks its some big obvious outlier. I think the interludes are largely pointless, but they do pair up the songs that work best together in chapters I suppose.

6. It's so weird, because "Stupid Love" doesn't actually feel that out of place to me. I don't like it, as you're well aware, but it doesn't seem like a completely misplaced inclusion.

Its placement in the tracklist is a major misstep, though.

Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  7. I have completely disowned Stupid Love (for now). That 2D production has to be the most uninspired thing on the album.

8. She was great on Graham Norton. Her personality is so pure and when she’s on a roll, she’s such a delight to listen to. Plus, Graham always gets guests on side.

Also, I’ll always be grateful that Gaga was given a proper camera - no terrible laptop quality video is a bonus in lockdown.

Sarzy likes this.
  9. To be honest with you Diane, I think this has a lot to do with how I feel. Those huge-ass chunky drums and that sample coming directly after the relatively smooth, Jam & Spoon-y quality that Alice has is...jarring.

10. We expected it to be good.

Verandi and hellokitty657865 like this.
  11. ‘Alice’ as the first single with a video like a mix of Gwen Stefani’s ‘What You Waiting For’ and Kelly Clarksons ‘Don’t Waste Your Time’

*Bitch it’s the serve.gif*

MilesAngel and Maki like this.
  12. [​IMG]

13. I've decided I love this album, which is good.

MilesAngel likes this.
  14. Sam

Sam

911 is a career fucking highlight.

15. [​IMG]

16. The whole album *chef’s kiss*

stuaw, Babylon, Alenko and 2 others like this.
  17. Alice could actually have been a pretty great first single but in its current form it's a bit too repetitive (they were clearly fresh out ideas at the 50 second mark and moved on)

Euphoria likes this.
  18. After paper magazine and the photos from the album shoot I was excited, instead we got a booty luv, mini viva, rupaul album and a duet with Elton John sounding like Kathleen Turner

Pat and robster like this.
  19. I didn’t say this year. I’m sure eventually there will be some sort of performance again

20. The vocal manipulation in the middle-eight(/second verse? Genius says it's the latter but I think they lied) of Alice that turns her into Microsoft Samantha hits my pleasure center.

aux, heavymetalGAGA, dewzero and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.