Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1456 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I spent my cash on those vinyls - my girls better get that #1.

2. Ariana released a duet with Bieber that only managed to reach #4 in the UK like two weeks ago. So... what now?

The need to somehow prove or have the final word that Ariana gifted Gaga with a number one is getting weird. And then the convenient Shallow erasure so that you can say her last number one was a decade ago. What are you even getting out of this Drew

gagapourgaga, dvno, Sleepycat and 9 others like this.
  3. Great song.

4. Isn’t it growing in all metrics?

Sam, OlliMaus, stuaw and 9 others like this.
  5. Just to annoy you sis.

Suburbia likes this.
  6. I think I want the Rain On Me vinyl.

7. I may be in the minority here but the Target bonus tracks are a non-entity to me.

suitechicguy and Maki like this.
  8. I'm glad to hear this because I have no intention of buying the deluxe.

Euphoria and Judas like this.
  9. Yea I like Love Me Right but it does sound like A Star Is Born song but it’s not needed on here.

Maki likes this.
  10. How 1,000 Doves has one of the most predictable and generic drops I’ve ever heard

[​IMG]

How Babylon is Vogue put in a blender

[​IMG]

How Free Woman’s production is so sterile it’s almost eye roll inducing

[​IMG]

And yet, I’m learning to love the absolute vanillaness of parts of this.

11. Damn. This is not doing much for me. I've had 3 listens and I am in disbelief at some of the lyric and production choices.

12. "1000 Doves” is easily one of my favorites here. The drop might be predictable, but that doesn’t change the fact it gives me the most gorgeous sad dancefloor tingles.

thefaceofyou, Rem, sfmartin and 10 others like this.
  13. You say this like she didn’t have other hits in the UK between Telephone and Shallow. This isn’t exactly a Billy Ray in Old Town Road situation.
    Obviously Ariana helped, but Stupid Love did very well in the UK and if properly promoted the ballads (without Bradley) would’ve been even bigger smashes in the UK.

14. 1000 Doves is currently my most played after Rain On Me and the Free Woman demo.

Pat, MilesAngel and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  15. Ugh the lyrics here are all so sad I can't help but bop.

brauliocruz likes this.
  16. I don't usually use demos tacked onto the end of an album, but the piano version of 1000 Doves is gorgeous.

Pat likes this.

17. BloodPop being the one to show behind the scenes pics is actually cute

Sam likes this.
  18. The conversation was not about hits, it was about #1 specifically. I don't think Gaga is in a place to debut at #1 on her own anymore. I think thats where Ariana comes in and I think thats why Gaga and Co. wanted her on the track. It's ok. It's not that deep.

Pat likes this.
  19. Are the credits for Love Me Right out?

20. Full disclosure, demoitis is something I actively try to avoid but that first drop in Free Woman is still something I’m struggling to get over. It’s just so saccharine and sounds like an empty Tiësto remix. I think the rest of the new version is pretty good, especially the new buildup to the final chorus with the Unfinished Sympathy esque drum pattern, but it falls short of adding meat to the bones.

That said, I will privately mourn the demo‘s chill 90s vibe (unless it gets a reprieve in the multiple versions in Chromatica thing Bloodpop talked about). That one could have been a really special career highlight for me. As it stands the new version is just alright (although the new vocal take is gorgeous).

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Mr.Arroz, RossMusik, Pat and 14 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.