Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1458 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. We can all agree it's absurd this is her highest rated album, yeah?

evilsin, ohnostalgia, 4Roses and 44 others like this.
  2. RMK

RMK

Ranking:

1. Rain On Me 10
    2. Plastic Doll 10
    3. Fun Tonight 9 (I deserve a drag for this but I love it more than I'd like to admit)
    4. 1000 Doves 9
    5. Alice 8.5 (this bridge)
    6. 911 8.5
    7. Replay 8
    8. Enigma 8
    9. Stupid Love 8
    10. Free Woman 7.5
    11. Babylon 7.5
    12. Sine From Above 7
    13. Sour Candy 6.5

I definitely think people will realize with time Stupid Love isn't the worst. It's hard to place the singles, though. Rain On Me is probably number one, but I've had it on loop for the past week.

MilesAngel and Tracy Jacks like this.
  3. No.

4. I mean, I'm enjoying this more than I ever expected to, but really? Horses for courses, I suppose.

5. It's the way Gaga sings "I'm tried of screaming... at the top of my lungs..." that does it for me. :)

6. Literally any half-decent pop album can nab an 80+ metacritic score nowadays, the poptimism movement means jack shit now.

How most of my fave albums were released a good two decades ago and getting maligned and critiqued with a not-so-subtle air of condescension by critics for simply having hooks while shit like Chromatica reaps all the benefits is absolutely infuriating.

7. RMK

RMK

If anyone's curious of her slayage.

#1 album on Apple Music US.

Apple Music US:
    2. Rain On Me
    14. Sour Candy
    20. Alice
    29. Stupid Love
    30. Free Woman
    34. 911
    43. Chromatica I
    44. Fun Tonight
    54. Plastic Doll
    58. Enigma
    59. Chromatica II
    67. Sine From Above
    69. Replay
    86. Babylon
    91. 1000 Doves

SyPOPhantic, Sam, mcuk and 1 other person like this.
  8. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I feel a growing resentment toward her for making it as easy as possible for critics and fans to devalue Joanne in favour of an album as tired and uninspired as this one.

There was a way to mark a ~return to the dancefloor~ without shooting for the bottom of the barrel the way she did here. She wasn't serving these stale-ass drops even at the height of her powers, so the fact that's she gone about it in this way is absolutely infuriating.

9. This being in the 80s while Joanne has a 67 is demented.

10. I
    might
    be
    messed
    up

[​IMG]

But
    I
    know
    what's
    up

[​IMG]

You
    want
    a
    real
    taste?

[​IMG]

At least I'm not a fake.

[​IMG]

11. Did we ever learn what this is/when it's from? Her voice sounds very ARTPOP era. Whatever it is, it sounds fantastic.

12. @RJF on his way to get his credit card to book hotel rooms and buy Chromatical Ball tickets after hating her all year long
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Suburbia, Sam, Laurence and 3 others like this.
  13. Lady Gaga and the Chromatica Ball after rinsing the gays of their money

[​IMG]

14. So do we all agree that Replay is *the one* because it is *the one*.

4Roses, sfmartin, Maki and 13 others like this.
  15. This having her highest metacritic average is lowkey disgusting. Poptimism was a mistake.

16. ...well I was coming in here to praise Enigma (song, not residency) but I guess I'll just sit over here and be quiet/let y'all vent dd

17. She must really love “Babylon” – this isn’t the first time we’ve heard about her playing it on set of a shoot.

18. It absolutely can't be a coincidence that those videos were allowed by Gaga to be posted without the sound muted, can it?

Leopold, Tracy Jacks and mindtrappa like this.
  19. “Free Woman” might still be my favorite, even in its last incarnation.

popzone, Judas, sfmartin and 2 others like this.
  20. I've never cared about metacritic scores.
    They're snapshots of how critics feel about the album at the time, if you compare album's scores, you're looking at different critics years apart. It just... doesn't matter?

We can chat about it! It's one of her best vocal takes on the whole album. It's also got some... very enigmatic lyrics.

ephemeralartery, Island and LGStan93 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.