Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1517 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. You chose to read my sentence that way because you have this excessive need to defend the album like she pays your rent. I meant the album is catered towards the "Bring back TF+TFM" demographic which is why I found that user's comment odd considering many of those fans have been living for this album and there are those of us disappointed from this album sonically, lyrically etc. Even songs with decent lyrics like Fun Tonight, Replay and Enigma just feel dated. I don't think there's anything lyrically impressive on the album. Is it really that hard to believe people don't enjoy Plastic Doll? That concept is TIRED in 2020. She already recorded a song with a somewhat similar theme (Donatella). This is something I'd expect from her during Fall 2012 when she was recording artpop.

Verandi, MmmDani and Xanax like this.
  2. Reminds me of Basement Jaxx - Rendez Vu with a bit of Moloko- The time is now.

Crisp X, eatyourself and stuaw like this.
  3. Chart update.

Singles

1 DaBaby feat. Roddy Ricch - ROCKSTAR (24.1k)
    2 Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande - Rain On Me (23.2k)
    14 Lady Gaga & BLACKPINK - Sour Candy *
    24 Lady Gaga - Alice *

Albums

1 Lady Gaga - Chromatica (40.3k) *
    2 KSI - Dissimulation (3.2k)

4. I need 911 to be the next single.

5. Queen shit.

6. Where is this? UK? iTunes?

7. Mid week chart update in the UK. Official chart on Friday.

Jacques, Island, stuaw and 3 others like this.
  8. RJF

RJF

I think the lyrics are good, but what’s the point of everything around them is rubbish?

Lander, McQueer, SMG and 4 others like this.
  9. THIS.

I know I keep hammering on about it (I'll bore myself soon, so don't worry too much), but I keep going back to this bit from Sine...

Yeah, I looked
    With my face up to the sky, but I saw nothing there
    No, no, nothing there
    Yeah, I stared
    While my eyes filled up with tears, but there was nothing there
    No, no, nothing

I heard one sine from above
    I heard one sine from above
    Then the signal split in two
    The sound created stars like me and you
    Before there was love, there was silence
    I heard one sine
    And it healed my heart, heard a sine

That is fucking beautiful. And heartbreaking. The composition of this section is perfection.

10. In terms of the topics she goes into in the album’s mid-section, sure. But the album also contains Alice, Plastic Doll, Sour Candy and others with tired-as-hell imagery and lyrics. These are varying levels of “bop!”, but it’s fair to call these eye-roll worthy moments for people looking for compelling, strong lyrics. (Argument to be made that those were never her strong point, but they’re certainly a TURN post Joanne, let’s say that)

11. Thanks!

12. If this album was a visual album... holy shit! I can only image how iconic it would be.

nick_au likes this.
  13. After playing the album at my friends garden drinks over the weekend, it’s safe to say Alice, Enigma, Free Woman, 911, Replay and Babylon absolutely went the fuck off.

14. I’ve seen people saying this is her best album and...I’ve never felt so much pain.

Mr.Arroz, Lander, Ashling92 and 10 others like this.
  15. The dramatics!
    (Both them and you).

16. Why couldn't she work with Basement Jaxx? Like, why not go to the source or work with their proteges?

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  17. RJF

RJF

A visual album considering the videos we've got so far makes me... wary. Mostly because I feel I can already predict it. "Plastic Doll" would probably be her dressed in all her iconic outfits (because this era is trying to summon nostalgia like a thumb in a bullet wound summons pain) miming through the plastic packaging, after which the entire range would go on sale on her website.

Then maybe end it with a moment like this that shows she's nothing but bleeps and bloops inside

[​IMG]

Then you've got stuff like "911" which would probably just be like the video for Katy's "365" where her anxiety spikes are glitches etc. "Sour Candy" could literally just be her and BLACKPINK sitting stationary against a white wall and it would get the most views. "Enigma" would be her in a disco and when the strobe light hits it exposes all her friends as robots, blah blah blah. Awkward hands in the sky choreo across the board. End.

It's sci-fi trope roulette. I don't think it would be in service of much.

18. Why are the people who hate this album still here? We heard you the first hundred times.

upload_2020-6-1_10-27-42.gif

19. Not just in the mid-section. And I never said the lyrics were made of titanium. I said there was growth when someone stated there was none. Let’s not take leaps over here when nothing beyond that was said.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.