Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1518 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I don't see a visual album for Gaga. Or for Chromatica. Gaga is at a point in her career where she can't just call up Melina Matsoukas to film some quick music videos in a studio like Beyoncé did for the B'Day Anthology; it would be a disservice to the rest of her videography. We'd all be expecting a Beyoncé or a Lemonade. And considering the album's sci-fi visuals, it wouldn't be cheap.

I would like Gaga to do a music video with Melina though.

spaceship likes this.
  2. This is the first time i'm going attempt a gaga album since Fame Monster.

Wish me luck.

(because stupid love is a gigabop)

Jones322 likes this.
  3. It's so frustrating when you can hear a genuinely brilliant pop song, but the dated production ruins it. Fucking Bloodpop.

Lander, blaze_dave, Maki and 4 others like this.
  4. 9/10 from The Line of Best Fit, and this review didn’t even have to throw Joanne under the bus!

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/reviews/albums/lady-gaga-chromatica-album-review

5. It’s my third favourite after Joanne and Fame Monster. Hope you enjoy!

6. If I enjoy Joanne was my next stop.

7. I said this on twitter earlier but “visual album!” is what people say when they like literally any album. And based on the two videos we have and the abandoned-at-the-door “concept” of the era, why would you want 13 no-budget videos instead of 3/4 low-budget?

She’s not going to push visual boundaries like Björk or ever provide a suite of cohesive but differing visuals like Madonna, nor do the erratic nature of her albums lend themselves to the full treatment like Bey so...

8. Joanne is really good! I want to say Chromatica is my second favourite Gaga album after Fame Monster because Joanne is such an outlier for me. She has better songs but that’s her best album for me.

9. It is low-key sad that Gaga's last good music video was "G.U.Y."

EricG1990 likes this.
  10. Why the hell are you ignoring her best album?

VitaminBee, Sarzy and Jones322 like this.
  11. But wow what a mom-

Her videography now includes the videos for Stupid Love, Rain On Me and Million Reasons.

elektroxx and EricG1990 like this.
  12. RJF

RJF

I mean sis if redundancy is your problem feel free to also turn your ire towards people informing us how good it is over and over. I'll be over here making new points as the conversation shifts while you... do whatever it is you do.

Mr.Arroz, Lander, dirtypony and 26 others like this.
  13. Perfect Illusion? John Wayne?

[​IMG]

14. I think it’s valid for people to discuss the album if they dislike it particularly if they are invested heavily in her back catalogue.

dodoriazarbon likes this.
  15. I thought of John Wayne! I think Rain on Me is good too.

16. Perfect Illusion and John Wayne and Rain On Me all say hi.

17. Do people really consider Rain on Me a bad video? It legit is a product of the era it's trying to fit in with.

18. It's a discussion forum and not an appraisal or stanning website and difference of opinions, critiques and disputes are to be expected.

Bobbyrae, beekeeper, Xanax and 3 others like this.
  19. Now this is how you do a review. It’s so boring at this point to see past work thrown under the bus (maybe even a little by her producers) when she’s always stood by the fact that each album was indicative of her life at the time and was what she felt she needed to make. They all link into each other in her career journey and are vital to whatever comes after them as she picks up something new along the way. Just as she was able to address the trauma hanging over her family and her life with Joanne she clearly has come a long way in her mental health and self worth journey with this album and that is wholly important to both her life and her career going forward. So the album has of course been vital to her personal journey, even if it’s not necessarily universally loved here.

I think it’s great (for her) that this is so well received and I hope it gives her a big confidence boost in her writing ability. I think it’s also great for us that the acclaim and success puts the onus on her personally to create something she feels is as worthy of praise next time and I think she typically works well under that form of pressure.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    stuaw, Crisp X, sesita and 8 others like this.
  20. I think the different takes on the album is quite interesting and helps keep the conversation going. I would like some more in depth interviews about the lyrics as the blurbs for each track on Spotify interested me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.