Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1519 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I feel like artpop has the higher highs - but also it’s fair share of wince inducing moments lyrically - this album is clearly her least exciting and yet it’s such a smooth flow it’s grown on immensely.

2. Perhaps I should rephrase that statement: It is low-key sad that Gaga's last truly great music video was "G.U.Y." The videos that y'all listed are good, but pale in comparison to her earlier videography.
    I wouldn't say that the "Rain On Me" music is bad, but in comparison to some of Gaga's better videos, it's not great.

Jones322 likes this.
  3. I'm sure it's been mentioned 100s of times, but with the fast moving pace of this thread, things are bound to get missed...
    But, I am living for that bird noise in Babylon, it immediately makes me think of this 808 State song and play it afterwards.

4. Rain on Me says fuckin hi???

5. John Wayne sure, the other two....

6. A me tea.

Can we talk about how the melody and the lyrics on Fun Tonight are incredible and it makes my head hurts that they are wasted in such a sugary blandish production. It’s truly the one song i can resonate and completely agree with the Chromahaters that the production let it down.

Digital_Fossil and Up N Down like this.
  7. G.U.Y ain't even a good video it's a long nonsensical mess.

8. It´s the same sample. It comes from a sound library disc for the Emulator II by Emu-Systems. Must have been around 1987 or so.
    Another sample from this disc that´s been used to death is that pan-flute that you know from every ambient house track since 1989.
    Pacific State is a timeless bop.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Digital_Fossil and AshtrayHeart like this.
  9. "Rain On Me" is cute, but...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And it's still better than every video that she's released since.

lushLuck likes this.
  10. It’s very Born This Way melody wise but the production is terrible.

McQueer likes this.
  11. I do understand what you mean! Big budget short film cinematic extravaganza.

elektroxx likes this.
  12. Loon sample, quick history of its place in rave music here: https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/474-...the-story-of-a-sample-that-keeps-coming-back/

13. Thank you. One of her worst videos for me. Literally the only thing I like about it is that white paper bear outfit.

stuaw, Chris_P, davidbesan and 2 others like this.
  14. I'd love a piano version of Fun Tonight.

15. You can feel all of her rage during that era when gives the top exec a dose of his own medicine and grabs him by the throat.

nesstorcx___ likes this.
  16. G.U.Y the video is the definition of great outifts, beautiful outfits.

Messy and beautful in equal measure, much like it's parent album.

stuaw and sesita like this.
  17. I appreciate and acknowledge the raw emotion behind the video, but that doesn't make it a good watch. I wanted to throw my computer as soon as Andy's Teletubby sun showed up.

Anyway... I still think "Babylon" is such a weird closer.

Xanax likes this.
  18. G.U.Y starts off good and then delves into a total mess. However, all the looks in the Hearst Castle are great and for Gaga standards it had solid choreography.

stuaw, Elysium, nesstorcx___ and 4 others like this.
  19. Just listened to Love Me Right in full and oprah_ilikeit!.gif - except for the fadeout. It’s literally the only song on Chromatica that has one, which makes it even more noticeable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.