Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1521 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. STRUT.

Noir, Andrew.L and Gemini like this.
  2. rdp

rdp

I love the individual looks and set pieces from the G.U.Y. video but the whole "Gaga uses Minecraft to create clones of Jesus and Gandhi" storyline was something that really hasn't gotten better with time.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    GLC, melodrama, McQueer and 7 others like this.
  3. My only gripe with the music videos is that I wish the first one introduced us to the whole Chromatica thing better. Choosing Alice could have provided a nice introduction to the loose concept of Chromatica.

heavymetalGAGA, Sam, McQueer and 5 others like this.
  4. Replay and Enigma are really flat out incredible. I'm feeling mixed about the album, but those two alone make the whole project worth it.

5. I'm addicted to the edited tracklist I created for this. I... think I love this album.

nick_au likes this.
  6. A medley of both songs performed on the hypothetical upcoming tour would be ideal. She can throw in Fancy Pants as well for the kiis.

Hunterpoop likes this.
  7. R92

R92

Wait a minute...

stuaw, lushLuck, elektroxx and 12 others like this.
  8. This has "future TikTok trend" written all over it

stuaw, Hunterpoop, aux and 1 other person like this.
  9. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Pitchfork comparing 'Stupid Love' favorably to 'Bad Romance', 'Applause' and 'Born This Way'????????

[​IMG]

10. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Babylon is such a limp closer thematically. It’s as if everything preceding was born out of gossip and haters.

12. Exactly. I have no idea why it was given the cherished final spot. It's a bunch of nonsense that doesn't examine anything in depth.

elektroxx likes this.
  13. ok gossiper

stuaw, OlliMaus, Bolton and 20 others like this.
  14. Okay but the lyrics in Babylon are the camp as tits shit I was expecting through this whole affair.

15. That’s gossip

16. Miss Barbara Lonfield SLAPS that's why she was given the closer position so she could SLAP your asses little piggies.

17. The half-hearted segues and bleed from one to the other means reshuffling the tracklist in some cases is uber annoying.

After a weekend of playing it a lot I’ll make no bones about really enjoying Chromatica for what it is, whilst remaining in the somewhat bitter-that-it-isn’t-better camp. It’s joyous and fun and I guess I recognise when we need something like that more than my takes on its failings. If anything it’s nice to step out of my “but Joanne was her best don’t throw it under the bus!!!” shoes and just chill for a minute, safe in the knowledge that her success with this era is a positive even if it feels odd.

For whatever reason it’s the lame, “student doing presentation they wrote 5 minutes before class” themes that have left a bitter taste more than anything. I feel like with a simple resequencing this album could have been described as “the emotions of a surreal night to the club”. Thinking of it in a grounded way actually helped with my appreciation. Enough about planets unless you’re going to commit to the silliness (see Venus).

stuaw, Chris_P, Babylon and 1 other person like this.
  18. I'll say it again: this album is not flat. Short? Yes. Slightly over-sanitized and in need of some more variety in drum patterns and programming? Sure. But it is absolutely not flat.

TiffanyNoir, stuaw, OlliMaus and 49 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.