Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1537 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Rain On Me is vital. I actually think it might end up becoming one of Gaga's classic singles. Stupid Love is just fluff in comparison.

Mr.Arroz, Hyrulian, stuaw and 16 others like this.
  2. GLC

GLC

Stupid Love is the only Lady Gaga single that actively got worse the longer I listened to it. I wasn't sure about Perfect Illusion, but I warmed up to it. What really soured me on Stupid Love was hearing that it was originally written for A Star Is Born - no wonder it sounded so impersonal. Rain On Me, OTOH, has only got better the more I've heard it.

3. Stupid Love is an absolute sugar rush and I’ve come to love her.

4. I shrieked.
    also THIS and I can't emphasis it enough.

Beginner, Verandi, Sam and 6 others like this.
  5. DON'T
    [​IMG]
    PLAY
    [​IMG]
    WITH
    [​IMG]
    ME-EEEE!!!
    [​IMG]

Lander, Rem, Noir and 30 others like this.
  6. The way she sounds like she’s about to fall apart

7. Oh my gosh noooo.
    Women's voices always get a bit lower, Gaga's speaking voice clearly is a lot lower now so it's no surprise her singing dips a bit lower than it used to. Plus she dropped a lot of the "sing high like pop stars are supposed to sound" type voice after The Fame.

LGStan93 likes this.
  8. We love a classique in the making.

Alenko, Tracy Jacks, Sam and 6 others like this.
  9. Ashamed to admit, but Free Woman (album mix) has wormed its way into my brain. It is the Pride song the coastal gays have been waiting for.

Hyrulian, stuaw, Alenko and 20 others like this.
  10. Initially the songs that sounded the most different to the rest easily became favorites (like Enigma and Replay) cause they stood out, but now that I’m more familiar with the “same-y” tracks like Free Woman and 1000 Doves they’re really climbing up my personal ranking.

Alice continues to be just a very cute opener for me, though. It doesn’t have Free Woman’s delicious storytelling atmosphere and cigarettery or 1000 Doves’ classic topline and flawless vocal delivery. And the tired metaphor annoys me here way more than on Plastic Doll (again, because the latter has a much stronger structure and addictive verses and chorus). It’s still a very good dance song though, and sets the mood for the rest of the album perfectly, it’s just the track least rewarded by multiple listens so far.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  11. Target got more copies of the vinyl in and I finally saw it in the flesh

[​IMG]

Hyrulian, Verandi, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  12. Absolute catharsis

Jersey and Digital_Fossil like this.
  13. RMK

RMK

I'm embarrassed to show up at my Target again knowing there hasn't been a single copy staying on the shelf.

14. I would love for them to continue doing more videos for it down the line. Maybe a re-release and a new EP like The Fame/The Fame Monster?

15. My copy has been delayed by Amazon (understandably). Glad I have Apple Music.

RMK likes this.
  16. I just ordered the deluxe cd online cause my location always seems to be out of the special editions that get released that I want. I stopped in for a Diet Dr. Pepper run and wanted to see if more came in.

RMK likes this.
  17. Walmart still does not have this album in my city. I am gay and this is an essential item. The fact I have ordered every version available on her store that will inevitably show up is irrelevant.

18. YOUR CHROMATIC TOP 20

DMDR, strictmachine79, stuaw and 18 others like this.
  19. RJF

RJF

Her pure sales are beastly. It’s incredible how consistently she’s shifted albums over the years as the medium becomes more and more sidelined.

Mr.Arroz, Lander, 4Roses and 20 others like this.
  20. Completely agree. So many on here who just want an album full of unfinished demos

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.