Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1726 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Monsters: Gaga perform some of your songs.

Gaga:

[​IMG]

4Roses, LPT, Verandi and 46 others like this.
  2. The Zane Lowe interview was great, but it was done before the album was released and really focused a lot on the psychology of the record. This seems to be focusing on the musical aspect, and we get to hear her engaging with the producers here, which is something I’ve felt was missing when every other era has always had that sort of display of camaraderie.

3. Oh apparently I missed this back in May when the clip of Tchami DJing a remix of Stupid Love was circulating, but it's actually not his:

Hunterpoop and DinahLee like this.
  4. OK, but if Gaga released a Feast on Scraps-equivalent, I'd eat my words so hard.

eddy2375 likes this.
  5. Really hoping Dee Diggs got tapped for another DJ set. The one she did for the PAPER stream was the highlight of the night for me.

6. And this is kind of exactly the point I was trying to make yesterday. Something like this is an exciting promo platform for her, where she's given pretty much complete control to discuss her record with collaborators and communicate with us directly.

I'm so much more interested in her promoting the record this way than going on talk shows and playing games or answering questions they want to go viral on social.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  7. I never said it would. I was referring to the constant speculating about her involvement and passion in recording the album due to her lack of production credits or other reasons. Finally hearing her go in depth on these tracks and interact with the producers might change how people feel about her connection to the material.

8. I will take any and all engagement from her at this point.

reputation. and Mikal like this.
  9. Oh absolutely I expect her to go in depth on the tracks and I don’t think for a second she couldn’t tell you everything about each one of them from the ground on up. But I (personally) still feels something is lacking in the record and don’t feel her DNA on a good majority of it.

I don’t think anyone is implying she hasn’t worked hard on the record but there are extenuating factors which means it didn’t work for some of us. I don’t really see a problem with that. But if it does change how people feel, that’s cool too.

I’d be really interested in hearing more about certain tracks such as Replay and Babylon though.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  10. I would genuinely love to know what spurred the decision to change Babylon's sound (if the Haus Labs version was indeed an early mix). I just need to hear her say the words "808 State", come thru mom

11. I wanna hear her talk about the "Free Woman" drop

[​IMG]

LPT, Slice of Life, Rem and 43 others like this.
  12. She's doing something that acknowledges the album, which is a step in the right direction for what I personally want from her, so I'm here for it. I'm hopeful for what comes next.

heavymetalGAGA likes this.
  13. Imagine if she had broken up Chromatica into separate EP releases devoted to the different tribes, with the final tribe wrapping it all together in a tidy bow. The instrumentals would actually mean something. One video from each section, bing bang boom. We have a year's worth of easy-to-promote-online material and an actual concept.

Imma take my stan fic and run.

14. I just hope they put it on youtube or something outside of Apple Music on a week delay or something.
    Because i'm not going to spend $10 to hear her talk about making the album.
    I hope she blurts out some future plans or something.

15. RMK

RMK

Glad something is happening. I’m mainly interested to see if all the damage is done or if she can at all resurrect this with the remainder of the year.

You don’t need a subscription to stream radio, that’s only for playback. And by that point, you’ll be able to find an illegal stream.

Tracy Jacks and Gemini like this.
  16. Free Woman was so much better with the I want to be be be free free free forever baby bit

17. A Free Woman mix closer to the demo would be nice but I’m not getting my hopes up for too much. I think the Honey Dijon mix will work wonders for the track, regardless.

OlliMaus, Tracy Jacks and R92 like this.
  18. RMK

RMK

Ugh, such a moment. It was quintessential Lady Gaga. Then they just axed it.

19. Please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit.

20. Tops before pulling out.

This will be great but why not call it #RADIOGAGA.

Verandi, joe_alouder, Rem and 30 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.