Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1866 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I don’t get the problem either ddd

Aidan likes this.
  2. The hair / color looks great but the hairline is way too thick/blunt and the part is unnaturally narrow. It most likely is too much retouching versus the wig itself and it's not a big deal but it just pops out at me? Wasn't meant to be a huge talking point...

3. [​IMG]

Loves

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  4. RMK

RMK

This isn't a drag, obviously this is a success for her, but who is actually buying Haus Labs? It doesn't seem to have much traction surrounding it. Not everything is going to be Fenty Beauty, but even Selena's line got a lot more attention.

5. Madonna

Lander, sesita, Jeppo and 37 others like this.
  6. Did it? The only thing I saw about Selena’s line (sans the initial announcement) was her feuding with Patrick Starrr over it.

Tracy Jacks and Mr Blonde like this.
  7. Selena is in Sephora, which helps, because that's more of a place people go for makeup than Amazon.. And it also has like 2 or 3 times the amount of SKUs than Haus has.
    If Haus had a foundation and concealer, you'd be hearing a lot about it.
    Haus's liquid liner is quite popular... But how often do you really hear people rave over a liquid liner? It's just not something to devote a whole youtube video for if you're an influencer or whatever. And her other eye and lip products are fine... but they're just fine. They're also not different enough from the competition to really get a lot of talk about them going on.
    The day she drops a foundation, there will be a lot of buzz. And hopefully good buzz, because her bronzer shades got some blowback on not being deep enough.

Selena's blush has gotten a lot of talk around it, for example. Because it's a liquid blush. And there just isn't a lot of liquid blushes on the market right now. I think it's maybe one of two that Sephora even sells.
    Gaga just needs more stand out products for people to buzz about.
    But anyways- who buys it? I don't know. People who like Gaga or heard the liner was good, I guess.

Jacques likes this.
  8. RMK

RMK

There was a lot of praise over her packaging, it was all over social media for a decent amount of time. Could be a demographic thing, but it naturally garnered more talk, and all her videos online seemed to grab people's attention.

9. I literally forgot Selena had make up.

10. Dddd yeah of the minimal beauty content I keep up with, Rare Beauty seems to be well regarded so far. Selena did a pretty good job with it.

Rem, popzone and Island like this.
  11. People seem to be obsessed with the liner. I see it on almost every MUA's IG page. I'm guessing since each drop looks better than the last, they're bringing in enough money to keep improving.

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  13. The liner also feels the most natural association with Gaga for the countless times she’s done a bold play on a cat eye. It’s the low hanging fruit in terms of wider brand success, so I’m glad they got it so right.

It’s very good, from personal experience, and the glitter lip stick makes me very happy, as well.

BricksAndStrings and Sam like this.
  14. Island

Island Staff Member

Yeah I was very impressed with Rare Beauty.

15. more liner.

Gemini likes this.
  16. RMK

RMK

EDM and Collaboration seem like easy wins. Would be great to see a performance, but I think we've all given up on having standards for the rest of this era. 911 felt like an unofficial conclusion, especially with the flood of new music coming from others.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  17. My reply from a week ago still on the latest page.

18. I was gonna say that re-release idea seems more and more pointless by the day ddd.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.