Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 1921 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I know it's just a bonus track but Love Me Right is so jarring. It sounds like a leftover from A Star Is Boring. Babylon is the only way to end the album.

V3RYP05H, johnoclock, Maki and 2 others like this.
  2. Wow I haven’t had a Orange Julius in years.I always loved the strawberry though.

Heretic and lushLuck like this.
  3. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Not this conversation reminding me that Sbarro Pizza and that LidRock with Brave New Girl on it is what made me make my mom take me to Sam Goodie the next week and buy my baguette ass In The Zone.

[​IMG]

RJF, digitalkaiser, Hyrulian and 16 others like this.
  4. I feel the opposite. Love Me Right is like the perfect credits song after Babylon's finale.

The lyrics being in-sync with the rest of the album justify its inclusion even if it strays furthest from the album's sonic theme.

5. This is annoying. Lol

sesita, Gemini and KYLE like this.
  6. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

This absolute time capsule of a post.

7. As a huge, near-undying fan of the album, I understand why the production leaves it the easy butt of jokes. If only the sonics and synths were different (i.e. fresh, updated) would people like @RJF feel differently?

8. Wait-- I'm sorry.
    Can someone please make her face on this cup their forum.popjustice.com avatar?

9. Those #TheFameGa verse vocals are kinda cute tho..

10. I have the iconic Britney Lidrock discs, but no cups so I suppose it doesn’t count. I also have an unopened can of QT that I bought in 2015... that’s about as far as I go with food collectibles nn

Someone mentioned it already but “Love Me Right” really is the perfect imaginary credits sequence for the album. The lyrics, as is the case with most of the record, are just so good. It feels like the perfect summary of the mindset she was in:

I don't wanna feel this way no more
    I don't wanna feel this weight
    I'm sick of hiding from myself
    I don't wanna feel this pain
    I don't wanna run far from my home
    I don't wanna lose my way
    I don't wanna be my friend no more
    I don't wanna play this game

11. I tease it a lot, but this album is honestly... fine. The production is most definitely one of the largest problems I have with it, and were it produced more excitingly, I could easily see myself loving it. That's why I'm so gunning for a remix album--give the songs some actual meat to work with. I think what hurts even more is that we're aware of what might have been. Where's Boys Noize, for example?

Just my input!

12. Well, bonus tracks are almost never put at the end of the album because they work well as closers, it's just laziness. Which is why I usually try to find a better place for them in the tracklist, like with the Born This Way ones. But in this case I agree with @mindtrappa, I think it works as a credits sequence song of sorts after the extravagant ending act that is Babylon.

Also with Joanne I felt that the bonus tracks actually did work as closers, it's a more positive ending.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    BricksAndStrings and Tracy Jacks like this.
  13. I feel there's probably some drama there, because everyone involved has pretty much written him out of the album's origin story dd

14. Remixes out. Good ones.

15. The production is fine. It could go a little harder/be a little more interesting at times but it's not awful. I hate to be that person but I'd love for Gaga to work with Kevin Parker again.

VertigoStick, V3RYP05H and spaceship like this.
  16. RMK

RMK

The way Love Me Right's chorus swoops in reminds me of an old Gaga song. That aspect always brings me back to it. Sort of how The Cure did.

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  17. Oh, she worked with Boys Noize in the initial phases of the album? That would've been really interesting.

18. RMK

RMK

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  19. Oh, so he produced this demo! Yeah, I always liked this version better without the basic drop.

20. As atrocious as the campaign has been we got a solid (not spectacular) album out of this, and two absolute career highlights in Babylon and Rain on Me, so I guess that's something.

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.