Lady Gaga - Chromatica

F

Fertilizer

Gaga and Sophie in the studio creating their masterpiece for LG6
DizxHmgUYAEETNR.jpg
ENOUGH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her team isn't dumb. ASIB had a huge impact on her streaming numbers and she is finally at a good place meaning if they push a new song soon it will be exposed to a bigger audience that is streaming the soundtrack right now. Also knowing how she get's tired of performing the same material over and over i feel like if it was up to her the album would be out on the first date of Enigma or Q2 at it's latest. Fuck the Grammys.

I don't really think she gets tired of performing her old stuff, I mean just look at Coachella and JWT, she made a lot of her past material back... I'm sure her Enigma show will be a kind of tribute to her whole career (even CTC and her ballads during the piano / jazz shows).
But yeah I agree Lady Gaga is in a very good place to release new material (even if she's not promoting it) for her residency and having a wider audience this time. And Interscope knows it.
I'm sure she'll release something in the next few months, maybe not a full LP, but just something to go with Enigma.

I didn't mean that the single choices were bad, just that there is often a problem ddd.

Judas -> Quickly switched to The Edge Of Glory (although they were both singles so that's not fair)

Venus -> Canceled for Do What U Want
A-Yo -> Canceled for Million Reasons
I'll Never Love Again -> Dropped for Shallow (???)

Judas was not switched to The Edge of Glory. Judas was over by then. The Edge of Glory was only ever meant to be an instant grat single and it was rush released as a proper single. If anything The Edge of Glory cancelled Marry The Night's spring release

Judas was not switched to The Edge of Glory. Judas was over by then. The Edge of Glory was only ever meant to be an instant grat single and it was rush released as a proper single. If anything The Edge of Glory cancelled Marry The Night's spring release
Basically this. I remember that by the time Judas was over (and its was an era of it own, she performed that shit in more countries than that the plague) she was already recording a video with mermaids and everyone already knew it was The Edge by then. The whole thing went bust with the director and later You & I was released. I don't think anyone had real hopes of a Marry The Night release until it was actually announced.

Last edited:
he/him
The “Edge” switch was made almost immediately after it was released as a promo single because the label saw how well it was doing. Gaga was still promoting “Judas” (which hadn’t even been out for a month) at the time in Europe, and even denied that there was another single.

The “Edge” switch was made almost immediately after it was released as a promo single, she was still promoting “Judas” (which hadn’t even been out for a month) at the time in Europe, and even denied that there was another single.

Right but it wasn’t a Do What U Want or Million Reasons situation. Judas still got a video and international promotion. It wasn’t “cancelled” as a single like Venus or A-YO

he/him
Right but it wasn’t a Do What U Want or Million Reasons situation. Judas still got a video and international promotion. It wasn’t “cancelled” as a single like Venus or A-YO

I don’t think that’s what anyone was saying, though. Just that its life as a single was cut considerably short – the whole campaign barely lasted 4 weeks with the track even being pulled from radio and replaced. It definitely wasn’t “over” when that initial call was made. The only reason people remember it being performed a shit ton is because she continued performing it alongside “The Edge of Glory”

Last edited:
I have a feeling we won't get this album at least until Q3 2019. We'll probably get one pop single to help push the Vegas residency though.

With the phenomenal success of ASIB and awards season coming up, there's already too much going on. They might risk overexposing her if they try to push another album in the middle or right after all of this.

So was The Fame Monster her second album or an EP?
@Glitterizer answered it in the Allie X post.

According to official industry metrics, both Super Sunset and TURN OFF THE LIGHTS Vol. 1 can be considered albums if you go by number of tracks, but cannot be considered albums if you go by running time*. So, since they stand smack dab in the middle of this "limbo", yes, they can be considered "mini-albums".

*However, if you removed the instrumental intro + interludes + outro TOFTL would be considered an EP by both metrics.

And for the people who still insist on being incorrect, The Fame Monster is an ALBUM by both definitions.

Now that A Star Is Born is just over a month out and our fave is an acclaimed, soon to be Oscar winning actor, I figured the new album finally deserves its own designated discussion.

This is a list of writers and producers we have, so far:

BloodPop
Boys Noize
Baseck
SOPHIE
DJWS
Benjamin Rice
Mark Nilan Jr.
Nick Monson
Justin Tranter

Wasn't she also in studio with Tyler, the Creator?