Lady Gaga - Chromatica

he/him
I mean she could postpone the album but until when? We have no clue when things will get better. It may take til the end of year.

So better to bring us fags some happiness

If she postpones anything, I could see it being down to wanting fans to have a chance to get the album in hand on the same day, or at least the same week. Amazon isn’t accepting new stock until April 5th, and I saw that while Square Enix is moving forward with their Final Fantasy 7 remake on April 10th, they put out a statement saying that not everyone will be able to get it because of the way distribution is being handled in various other countries.

If she postpones anything, I could see it being down to wanting fans to have a chance to get the album in hand on the same day, or at least the same week. Amazon isn’t accepting new stock until April 5th, and I saw that while Square Enix is moving forward with their Final Fantasy 7 remake on April 10th, they put out a statement saying that not everyone will be able to get it because of the way distribution is being handled in various other countries.
Fans just use Spotify please.

F

Fertilizer

In the US, Joanne sold 201,000 copies on release day. 170,000 of those were pure sales.
They’re asking fans to not be bothered by the lack of physicals, not saying that they just use streaming.

In the US, Joanne sold 201,000 copies on release day. 170,000 of those were pure sales.
I think Gaga selling way less copies and maybe even miss #1 because of a pandemic is a hit everybody can take. I'd say it would be great to give new music to the people now. Everybody is home. Streaming will be up- She will have her income anyway. And the monsters will survive checking out the booklet a few weeks late.

he/him
I think Gaga selling way less copies and maybe even miss #1 because of a pandemic is a hit everybody can take. I'd say it would be great to give new music to the people now. Everybody is home. Streaming will be up- She will have her income anyway. And the monsters will survive checking out the booklet a few weeks late.

Tell that to a major record label. It’s one thing to release an album digitally a week before physicals, Kanye did it in 2012 with Watch The Throne, but weeks? Unless you’re able to keep up momentum and promote (which she’s not, considering everything is cancelled), then there’s no way that’s working out in her favor. Her streaming numbers aren’t that strong, with or without the predicted uptick.

He/him
Tell that to a major record label. It’s one thing to release an album digitally a week before physicals, Kanye did it in 2012 with Watch The Throne, but weeks? Unless you’re able to keep up momentum and promote (which she’s not, considering everything is cancelled), then there’s no way that’s working out in her favor. Her streaming numbers aren’t that strong, with or without the predicted uptick.

Weren't the Beyonce records digital only initially ?

he/him
Weren't the Beyonce records digital only initially ?

Beyoncé is Beyoncé, also her physicals were distributed within days of their digital release. If it were that easy for artists to shift records like that, the industry would have changed a while ago. And it’s a fact that black consumers are more loyal, which is why a lot of hip-hop and R&B releases can get away with not having physicals. Cardi didn’t have her album out on CD or vinyl for a year following its release, but she also had the streaming audience to back it up.

Last edited:
F

Fertilizer

af6npe9u40z11.jpg

Could there also be two sides to all the cancellations, pushback etc?

Surely if Gaga still released she'd have a pretty straight shot to number one because of the playing field being pretty much clear? I think her little monsters are...dedicated enough to break a quarantine.

he/him
You can no longer purchase CDs or Vinyls of it on Amazon. Whether that’s related to their warehouse shutdown or an overall delay on physical copies - who knows.

May 1st would be a pushback I think we could all face. Especially when there are still new tracks planned to come before then.

Hopefully we can get some clarity soon.