Lady Gaga - Chromatica | Page 945 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I'd find it more kitsch and troll-y if she hadn't been courting the locals for the past five years.

Sanctuary, Raichu and Lapras like this.
  2. It's meant to be a Gaga-ified parody of like... 90s print ads. I wouldn't take the "GAGA IS BACK" bit that seriously. It's meant to be fun.

Sail On, sesita, OlliMaus and 2 others like this.
  3. RMK

RMK

Ryan Tedder posted. He produced Sine From Above.

4. Oh, come on. It absolutely is. Look at the part where they list all the formats and then it says “and probably more”. It’s a total joke that’s serving as an ad and adding to the world she is building. Not only has she admitted to trolling, Bloodpop is a troll too. They’re just trying to have fun.

5. All the evil on one track. We love to see it.

Mr.Arroz, wodny, Jwentz and 4 others like this.
  6. Well there better more cause I ain’t buying what she’s selling right now.

7. Reported.

Jonathan27, LPT, dvno and 19 others like this.
  8. Retire this narrative.

The good sis has dance-pop roots, and any PR team worth half their salt would highlight that if she was making dance music again. The copy in the ad does nothing to diminish or belittle her past work that wasn't dance-pop, as @Andy French already pointed out.

Rem, dvno, Bolton and 21 others like this.
  9. Release the promo poster as merch. I’d buy the hell out of it

Mr.Arroz, Rem, LPT and 18 others like this.
  10. R92

R92

Seeing her execute this campy, tongue-in-cheek comic book, sci-fi tack so well in the majority of this era’s graphics makes me even more upset that she didn’t go the full distance with that for the Stupid Love video.

Mr.Arroz, Rem, dvno and 24 others like this.
  11. I think the answer is probably somewhere in the middle. From all we've heard in the PAPER Magazine descriptions of songs, sn*ppets, her frequent mention of dance music in interviews, etc., this album is a return to the overtly electronic pop she broke out with - but the overall aesthetic of the ad and the wording of everything is clearly meant to be a bit melodramatic and overly-excitable, like something you'd see in the back of a comic.

Based on who she's collaborating with and the fact that this is coming off the back of ASIB's success and accolades (and the fact that Lady Gaga is, y'know, a mainstream pop star) she clearly is gunning for hits/streams, but I don't think having a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun has to be mutually exclusive to that either - I don't read the copy in this ad as putting down Joanne, for example.

I don't fully subscribe to the idea of her constantly playing 4D chess with the fanbase and all of that, but it's not inconceivable to me that she'd be at least aware of the...various things...fans have been saying since 2016.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Rem, dvno, sesita and 19 others like this.
  12. If you don’t print that shit out and put it on your wall nn

Aidan likes this.
  13. Gaga explaining Chromatica to Interscope

[​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, AmericanMoney, Rem and 68 others like this.
  14. RJF

RJF

Oh she's trolling! She got me again! Guess there's a new queen of giggles in town! Gosh, how do y'all keep up with this riot?!

[​IMG]

15. Is epigenetics Chromatica's version of eugenics?

Mirwais Ahmadzaï likes this.
  16. Yeah, Gaga has never been one to truly discredit her previous work. I'm sure if anyone tries it, she'll continue to note how much Joanne means to her.

LGStan93 likes this.
  17. I broke my vow and I'm listening to Free Woman again and bopping. it's very authentically 90s no? Like it got plucked off some random compilation CD. Once it's tidied up/in HQ I think I'm really going to enjoy it. It's so...carefree and jubilant.

18. Girl.....no.

19. Besides, if this was really her Ultimate Trash Gay Pandering Album she'd have brought RedOne out of mothballs. Thank christ the simulation didn't glitch that hard.

20. And we love to see it, can't wait to hear her explain it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.