Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica | Page 1085 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. I have Apple Music and I can’t find it anyway ddd

Edit: wait they just uploaded it in Russia

2. eatyourself and BricksAndStrings like this.
  3. R92

R92

Between this and her talk of wanting to be a comforting mentor towards the younger girls...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
    evilsin, LPT, Verandi and 23 others like this.
  4. Both of these so much. Maybe it’s the hype talking but I think this is one of my favorite interviews she’s ever given. Somehow, 7 years on, her invoking “My ARTPOP could mean anything” in context made that line make more sense than ever before. Reading “Sine From Above” on the initial posted tracklist made me smile/grimace with affection for the on-the-nose clunky wordplay but then hearing her describe the song and say the words out loud sell the sh*t out of it.

myblood, VertigoStick, stuaw and 4 others like this.
  5. RJF

RJF

I found the way she spoke about how she and Ariana communicated through their traumas really interesting. A lot of Gaga's trauma happened behind closed doors, which allowed her to repress it and, perhaps to her detriment, compartmentalise it and cause it to bubble up at inopportune times until she faced it on. Ariana's traumas have played out fast and on the world stage, and I imagine when everyone knows your business you feel the need to get a handle on it quickly. The fact that Ariana probably walked away from the whole thing with a stoicism and grander emotional maturity while Gaga is understandably stunted is an interesting dynamic. What's funny is that it sounds like Ariana ended up supporting her rather than the other way round, which is... achingly sweet too.

Tabris, Mr.Arroz, RainOnFire and 56 others like this.
  6. RMK

RMK

This was me. Someone said they had 10+ reservations, so we'll see

chromatica likes this.
  7. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Self-derogatory versus assigning it outward.

There’s nuance on Chromatica.

VertigoStick and Syzygyz like this.
  8. Yeah I was going to say, all this talk about wanting to be a mentor but I think she actually found a mentor in Ariana.

myblood, Sam, Diet Pop! and 5 others like this.
  9. Scooter Braun I'm coming for you

[​IMG]

10. RJF

RJF

I would be surprised if this single doesn't come with bundles that include umbrellas, raincoats, ponchos, and most likely face masks too. Like yes, they'll probably ship in 2023, but still.

Mr.Arroz, Laurence, Kuhleezi and 11 others like this.
  11. Anyone else nervous? Feels like one of the most monumental moments in pop history is right around the corner.

12. RJF

RJF

I can't believe this is the first thing to not leak. Scooter really came in and said BLUNTS DOWN.

13. RMK

RMK

The interview really amped up my excitement, and it was nice to hear her talk on a personal level. Zane's interviews are always quality, she seems comfortable with him, and it's nice she talked to someone who not only asked about Chromatica, but was eager to put it in context of her entire discography. To picture what she was going through during such a pivotal time in her career was tough too, and I almost feel like they avoided placing 'A Star Is Born' in the mix entirely. It was easy to look at Stupid Love and now Rain On Me and see this as a lighter affair, but the descriptions add a huge heaviness to the album. Those 911 lyrics are huge, and the darker visual of the cover makes more sense now. If we were linking this to past albums, it definitely feels like a meeting of The Fame and ARTPOP. Hearing her talk about the sessions for this album being therapeutic but also involved quicker writing like her earlier work also just affirms her stance as a pop mastermind.

myblood, VertigoStick, stuaw and 10 others like this.
  14. On Chromatica, no one fickle fag is greater than the other

[​IMG]

Milotic likes this.
  15. Scooter Brain using that ‘Taylor Swift Live from Clear Channel’ $8 royalty cheque to hire proper security for this release.

[​IMG]

Laurence, myblood, Sail On and 6 others like this.

16. Joan is clearly not a Stuck With U fan.

evilsin, Verandi, Laurence and 38 others like this.
  17. We love taste

mpl and eatyourself like this.
  18. Just a hair of a derail but this interview and this post reminded me. This is something with Gaga I find endlessly fascinating, I think in part because it’s how I handled some traumas in my own life. I’m sure this kind of thing has been said many times before but I was younger listening to her music, before she ever said a word about assault, there was an absolutely inescapable palpable sense of her trauma that somehow bled into her music and visuals even in less obvious places. It’s so clichéd, but it really did make me feel less alone. So the immense growth in how she’s confronted the issues as she’s spoken openly about them for the last five years feels incredibly cathartic and triumphant.

19. Apparently the video is actually out on the 25th

Truce likes this.
  20. Pardon

Glitterizer and Eskapism like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.