Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica | Page 1789 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Only to the ones that had DAPs, Dry ass pussies.

speedyboi likes this.
  2. Pretty much everything Gaga stands for and promotes is against organized religion’s beliefs. Releasing a song called “Judas” is not comparable on any level to releasing a song called “911” on 9/11. End of. If anyone genuinely thinks Gaga, as a New Yorker and generally compassionate human being would ever pull a stunt like that, I really suggest you check yourself. The fact this is even a discussion is ridiculous.

myblood, joe_alouder, 1986 and 18 others like this.
  3. I simply highlighted the fact she’s previously made controversial decisions when it comes to what music release.

I’d also imagine it probably didn’t stop with ‘just’ offending religious leaders. Glamourising elements of people’s faith and playing dress up as religious figures was a questionable choice and I imagine, isn’t something she’d necessarily re-do now.

4. R92

R92

Judas as the bar for her stupidity when making a song/video with R Kelly about doing what you want with her body *and* with visuals from Terry Richardson is right there...

5. I don’t get how the R Kelly situation was ever even allowed to happen. Everyone knew back then and before about his actions, yet they still did it. Same with Terry.

Runawaywithme likes this.
  6. Are we really having an argument about something that categorically isn’t going to happen?

1986, Andy French and thefaceofyou like this.
  7. Just another day in Chromatica.

Mikal likes this.
  8. The “Judas controversy” wasn’t really a controversy. I’m sure there were some articles by the religious right that were angry but some of her stans desperately wanted her to have a Like A Prayer moment and made it out like it was a super risky career move. It wasn’t.

Maki, RainOnFire, myblood and 31 others like this.
  9. The ‘Judas’ single campaign is not worth this level of intellectual dissection.

myblood, ohaimanabu, Jwentz and 4 others like this.
  10. Wait but I’m just discovering those glorious harmonies beneath the chorus of 9/11 and icanheargoddotgif.

HairBodyFace and Mikal like this.
  11. Didn’t it take until like literally last year for R Kelly to finally be held to account for his actions? Obviously, it was public knowledge back then that he was no good (marrying Aaliyah when she was a minor, for example) but it just seemed to be accepted and ignored. Very, very strange.

12. They put the VMA performance up on her own channel.

myblood, acl, inevitable and 15 others like this.
  13. Quite a few of Gaga’s more impactful / ‘iconic’ moments have offended. I guess that’s the nature of an artist like Gaga, who hasn’t shied away from pushing boundaries. I’ve got a friend who’s vegan that went from ‘yaaaaaas Gaga’ to completely disenfranchised with her overnight, ever since the meat dress.

14. There’s a difference between pushing boundaries by making a political statement and being controversial for the sake of offending others. Gaga has very rarely fallen into the second category. Not everyone is going to be on board with what an artist does, but to deliberately go out of your way to trigger or hurt someone for some column inches is completely different. That’s why the “Judas” comparison is stupid.

myblood, Beat, HairBodyFace and 7 others like this.
  15. ... The song isn’t actually titled “9/11” whew.

myblood, joe_alouder, 1986 and 13 others like this.
  16. If anything, if she pushes 911 as a single, i'm sure if she wants to be... the way she normally is, she will use the time 9:11 AM/PM, as opposed to 9/11 the date.

Jordtayylor likes this.
  17. Dd Joe also donated $1000s to Trump/Republicans multiple times over the past year so not really surprised

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    tea likes this.
  18. Celebs have parents with questionable opinions too shocker.

1986, bakerboy92 and Mikal like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.