Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica | Page 2158 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Rina really took one of the worst songs on the record and transformed it into one of the best. I believed in her but it's even better than expected. But I scream at the worst song, Fun Tonight, somehow being even worse. The production is giving me 'bad pokemon spinoff soundtrack'.

DominoDancing likes this.
  2. The Plastic Doll remix SLAPS, I never expected it to be that good.

digitalkaiser likes this.
  3. The productions of the new "Free Woman"/"911" are a serve. "Fun Tonight" is so bad. I don't think I'll be revisiting this project much, though.

"Enigma" becoming the festival dancefloor anthem nobody saw coming? OK.

4. Sam

Sam

Pabllo sounds...... well, he sounds.

Mr.Arroz, Lately, drewsky and 5 others like this.
  5. Rina sounds so fucking good it makes my eyes water ddddd.

6. RMK

RMK

Okay wait none of you were lying about the Free Woman mix. I wish there was more Gaga, but Rina and production absolutely slaps.

Fun Tonight.. is not.

7. I know I'm in the minority, but 1000 Doves is a favorite of mine from the original album. I wish the vocals on the remix weren't pitched down or the remix was just released in the key of the original's vocals. I quite like the tech-house/minimal production.

Also, no backing vocals/production on the Haus Laub mix of "Babylon".... will the gays riot?

huntypoo likes this.
  8. The “Fun Tonight” mix is a bop

9. Plastic Doll remix is like a completely different sort of bop that the original, but BOP it does!

10. Maybe the Fun Tonight remix was too ahead of its time for some people

evilsin, tea, sexercise and 16 others like this.
  11. I appreciated @Glitterizer putting the mix into context as well, because I probably wouldn’t have appreciated its presence as much as I do now, considering I was initially dreading Pabllo’s involvement

evilsin, Laurence, R92 and 16 others like this.
  12. Dang the Haus Labs Babylon is really just... there. It's such a non-event.
    I would've much preferred the Bowie sounding one, but... okay.

Let me listen to the rest of the album

13. If anything, Pabllo made Fun Tonight bearable. Some of y’all didn’t grow up watching telenovelas and it shows.

14. YES the 1000 Doves Remix! Giving me my full The Knife moment. The pitch shifting is just... *chefs kiss*

Crisp X, Overdose, GLC and 4 others like this.
  15. That's what I was lowkey getting too and I never thought I would get the same vibe in connection with Googs name on it. This is everything.

GLC and huntypoo like this.
  16. RMK

RMK

Bree's appearance on Babylon slots perfectly. Probably the best next to Rina's appearance.

17. It’s 3 hrs till midnight here but my heart is filled with joy to see the Haus Lab Babylon not being it from the looks of things hehe

huntypoo likes this.
  18. DON'T
    PLAY
    WIH
    MUH MUH ME
    IT
    JUH
    HUR
    MUH MUH ME

[​IMG]

19. I first found out about planningtorock from their epic The Knife remixes! She's definitely channeling them.

cpr, Mr Blonde and PfefferSalz like this.
  20. How's the Arca mix? Can't listen now but that's the one I am most excited about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.