Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica | Page 2159 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Pabllo has released a full album dedicated to this genre of music a few months ago and it's being praised so much by the brazilian gays. I have my full life listening to it.

R92, Future Lover, myblood and 5 others like this.
  2. Me too! Love them ever since (+ their take on My Valuable Hunting Knife was easily my favorite from the very beginning).

huntypoo likes this.
  3. It might be my least favorite song on the album. The reception I've seen from other people is somewhat similar to mine, so...

4. The. Free. Woman. Remix.
    It deserves to be a single. It deserves a music video. It deserves live performances.
    Of course, it will get none of those things. But it deserves all of them. Wow. It's so good.

5. Just got to it and...

Mr.Arroz, Verandi and aux like this.
  6. The Sour Candy remix might be my favorite of the bunch? It just sounds... elevated.

7. Free Woman sounds really nice, she and Rina pair very well vocally. They can easily service it to pop playlists.

That, 1000 Doves, Sour Candy and 911 are really well done - but I'm not feeling the rest of this whatsoever. To be fair, I'm not a hyperpop enthusiast in general, so I perceive the genre differently... but a handful of them borderline parody to me. I'm happy it's been released and hope a lot of the fans are happy with the result - there's definitely some great influences and soundscapes in this project that she can tap into later.

cakeboy likes this.
  8. Just dance, baby it’ll be okay
    Don’t act tough with your poker face

Not afraid to reference or not reference

9. Hook the last 30 seconds of the Sine from Above remix into my veins. I’m in my rave era.

10. I really love the Arca remix. But I love “Time”, which is the track it samples. It’s very pretty.

11. This one and Jimmy Edgar's version of "Babylon" are the most effective to me. I think I'm digging the ones that strip things down a little bit most.

cakeboy likes this.
  12. tasten't!

Future Lover likes this.
  13. Island

Island Staff Member

I haven’t listened yet feel like the Arca mix would be polarizing on here because… it’s Arca.

14. What a time for Hola to not work for me. (And to be at work so I can't use TunnelBear.)

15. It just exists. In the context of the remixes it feels like the dullest one. It definitely could've been a lot more out there.

16. RMK

RMK

I definitely think including the Haus Labs mix was passive aggressive. Bloodpop could've made it sound like less of a demo if he wanted to.

17. Honestly I support him in this case

tea, Mr.Arroz, Wishlight and 8 others like this.
  18. I like mostly everything here but 1000 Doves took me OUT. It has a 2005-2008 Swedish synthpop vibe that I can't resist.

19. I don't know what Arca remix some of you are hearing but I love it?? The Time sample works incredibly well.

20. RINA SAWAYAMA
    AND......
    LET'S GO GAGA

[​IMG]

evilsin, tea, Eskapism and 26 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.