Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica | Page 2169 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Sorry for not being a stan, but who is Sam? I need this picture in HD soooo badly

2. Them and their team created the “Sour Candy” lyric video and all the artwork for the remix album

sesita and soratami like this.
  3. Free Woman has been put in the oven and cooked honey.

evilsin, LPT, Laurence and 22 others like this.
  4. This is an amazing remix album - it brings depth and freshness to the original in a lot of unexpected ways while respecting and referencing the original intentions.

Take the absolutely insane Sine remix: the original was an Axwell production, so the remix takes (literally) all the cues of 2010's bro-EDM and pushes it to the limit. It's brilliant and borderline unlistenable (like most of bro-EDM).

Even the Fun Tonight remix makes sense: the original was one of the most "tacky" soundscapes of the album so it was remade with a 'tecno-brega' angle (brega means tacky/kitsch in Portuguese). It's very different from the original, but it cues exactly the same ideas (and it made me very emotional to hear something so "oppressed peripheric brazilian-gay" being valorized and recognized).

5. Shygirl’s spaced out and slightly more luxe lounge vibe on Sour Candy is unexpectedly cool.

Enigma is a buss shaker (and always was).

evilsin, LPT, Steve003 and 19 others like this.
  6. This really sets the standard for remix albums, I hope Gaga doesn't see this as a one off!

Digital_Fossil and RossMusik like this.
  7. I'm not sure if it will be going on Metacritic, but if it does, Clash Music have given it an 80.

RossMusik likes this.
  8. They should use some of these as canvases on Spotify

9. I seriously pity the cigs who simply do not possess the vernacular to picture themselves in their heads as Marlene Favela in the titular role of Gata Salvaje when they listen to the Fun Tonight remix.

I'm not having fun tonight

Oh oh oh oh
    Oh oh oh oh
    Oh oh oh

[​IMG]

I'm not having fun tonight

Oh oh oh oh
    Oh oh oh oh
    Oh oh oh

[​IMG]

evilsin, Laurence, Mr.Arroz and 27 others like this.
  10. Island

Island Staff Member

I feel like Elton was definitely trolled and I live for it.

tea, Laurence, Mr.Arroz and 8 others like this.
  11. The “Fun Tonight” remix is good. Either you get the vibe or you don’t get the vibe.

12. Interesting info from a Twitter Space with Pabllo’s producers last night: they sent a version with just a verse sung by Pabllo. Bloodpop loved it and asked for a version with more Pabllo vocals.

myblood, dewzero, sesita and 2 others like this.
  13. I’M FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

evilsin, tea, Laurence and 35 others like this.
  14. I want a instrumental of the Replay remix!
    Also the Sine remix is so good (though I would have loved for another remix that starts with the drum´n´bass outro of the original...which never reached full potential)

15. Whew, these remixes are insane. Free Woman and 911! The only one I’m not feeling is Rain on Me.

16. R92

R92

17. This is good.

18. Sorry if asked already but can anyone tell me what the screeching part of the last 30 seconds of Sine is reminding me of? A big ask I know. Driving me insane all day.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.