Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica | Page 2171 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Dawn of Chromatica feels more correct. Not only does it capture the harder club vibes the original falls short of doing, but it's world-building in a way that aligns with the original concept. The featured artists are part of the tribes she never fleshed out and bring their own style to the foundation she laid on the original tracks. Everything feels more colorful and chaotic.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    evilsin, tea, LPT and 17 others like this.
  2. It’s the way 1000 Doves sounds like a lost Robyn instrumental circa 2011 now and I am living. This album has unlocked so many fever dreams sounds for her to explore.

3. RMK

RMK

The lack of playlisting is quite odd. It is a remix release, but not one track on New Music Friday.

4. Yeah, it is a no-brainer that ideally this is the album (and collaborators) she should pick up from when she starts work for her next one, if she continues that tradition.

5. pdf

pdf

a proper Gaga & planningtorock collar please

PfefferSalz likes this.
  6. The remixes to “rain on me”, and “plastic doll” are absolutely awful. Everything else is solid, first impression I’ve got to say “Free Woman” is the best.

Sleepycat likes this.
  7. "Fun Tonight" should be the single from this.

Future Lover and Grins like this.
  8. The Sine From Above remix made me laugh out loud.

tea, Mr.Arroz, Steve003 and 22 others like this.
  9. Genuinely forgot to list this under horrible but, then again, the first minute was great!

10. You confuse my intent, I adore that it’s hilarious.

evilsin, tea, Mr.Arroz and 28 others like this.
  11. The Sine Remix is legitimately one of my favorites here. It sounds like a parody of Korean boygroup songs. Not to mention the Björk - Crystalline outro!

12. I figured as much but then I was like “oh shit, this mix!” after your response. To be fair, I’d like it a lot more if I didn’t think the original was one of the highlights of the original album and was hoping for a vastly different kind of remix than what was delivered.

GLC likes this.
  13. Those bizarre honking sounds under Elton's verse? Hilarious.

But I got my life to that happy hardcore ending.

sesita, Stradiwhovius and Dynamo like this.
  14. The damn Fairly Oddparents horn stabs

15. I
    heard
    one
    *sine wave bleep*
    from
    A
    bove

lemonsqueezyy, LPT, tea and 26 others like this.
  16. before
    there
    was
    love
    there
    was
    *track goes actually silent*
    ~remix disintegrates into demonic sounds~

LPT, tea, PfefferSalz and 22 others like this.
  17. They knocked it out of the park. The whole thing is ton of fun & it alleviates a lot of my issues with the original album. Featuring everyone that I find exciting in pop music right now definitely helps.

Sine From Above is batshit but the original is absurd anyway so I love that it’s turned up to 11. Pabllo took Fun Tonight into a direction that you’d think wouldn’t work, but the final product is lowkey one of my favorites. Replay’s swerve through house & metal completely elevates the song. Lemme also praise Free Woman again because Rina went in.

There is a single point BloodPop has made. I’ll give him that.

18. R92

R92

I’m so glad the album has been given the bold and brash production that Gaga’s vocal takes were already giving.

19. I love how, unlike remix albums often do, this never feels boring, repetitive or self-indulgent. Each of the artists brought their own flavour to the songs, but still generally kept the bones of the original versions, and thankfully the result is a creative, diverse and concise collection of reimagined pop songs, rather than a bunch of club mixes. It's a really great album.

20. This is another thing. Her vocals were on top-form for this album and some of these mixes showcase things I didn’t notice before. I never liked Replay that much because I found the chorus melody kinda irritating but the way the remix is structured had me losing it @ how she was singing for her life. The rent was due!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.