Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica | Page 2173 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Deserved.

I didn't know what I was expecting from the Fun Tonight remix after only reading reactions here but it's brilliant. Can't wait for it to play during Carnaval... in 2023.

2. I’m glad we’re getting some of the closeup claw images

3. Drop the full photo Queen!

4. I want Sam to do everything, always for the rest of her career. Their work has been phenomenal.

5. Where is the UK vinyl link? Has it been posted yet?

6. varjak, blaze_dave and michaelhird like this.
  7. RJF

RJF

The remix album is fine. It's given an entertaining boost to a few songs and proved that some of them are just bad at their core and can't really be salvaged. What ARCA did to "Rain On Me" is... so weird. She kinda dismantled it and just... hung all the pieces up to dry. I kinda feel like she played with Ariana's parts more? It's a weird treatment with no momentum. It's like you're hearing the original from a speaker that fell in the pool and it's slowly glitching out.

Rina and Bree ate. "Replay" got a much needed shot of adrenaline. "Alice", "Plastic Doll", "Sour Candy" and "1000 Doves" became tolerable.

evilsin, Mr.Arroz, Subspace88 and 9 others like this.
  8. I think these are the full ones. I’m guessing they were used as references for the airbrush versions

[​IMG]

9. Speaking of the claws, I love the full skeletal version Sam added in their work.

[​IMG]

10. I’m hoping they give us a better version of this photo but instead of blasting it through a ton of photoshop effects, do something interesting with it with some 3D tweaks.
    [​IMG]

Digital_Fossil and Andy French like this.
  11. I feel like anyone who hates the “Fun Tonight” mix is terminally boring.

12. When Eltoinette's dearly departed vocals, the memory of which I had very successfully suppressed, came on in the remix

[​IMG]

evilsin, tea, Mr.Arroz and 32 others like this.
  13. Giving me Akira teas.

VitaminBee likes this.
  14. RMK

RMK

The Area mix is really strong in the beginning, it just doesn't go anywhere.

15. I think the vocal melodies and delivery of rain on me are so distinct and strong...that it is very ambitious to put them onto a more melancholic and sparse instrumental. The build up with Arianas vocals is really sweet though.

johnoclock likes this.
  16. I don't know why, but Arca's take on Rain On Me doesn't shock me and is pretty much what I was expecting - it very much feels like she turned it into a KiCK i track (samples from that album aside) and I think @RJF is right in that she spends a lot more time manipulating Ariana's vocals than Gaga's, but for me, it offers a nice oasis of melancholy from all the chaos surrounding it on the album.

tea, dewzero, Digital_Fossil and 3 others like this.
  17. It’s been said, but so many of the sonic choices here are exactly what the original album should have had. Not everything works, but I respect so much about the collection.

rdp and Xanax like this.
  18. We should have gotten Love Me Right (Slayyyter Remix) instead of the Haus Labs Babylon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.