Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica | Page 2174 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Dawn of Chromatica

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Nov 9, 2018.

1. My take away from the Free Woman remix is that Clarence Clarity should helm production for LG7.

evilsin, tea, PfefferSalz and 29 others like this.
  2. It's interesting that the Free Woman remix sounds like Free Woman if it was produced in the Born this Way era complete with the hair flowing in the wind while we ride down the highway adlibs in the end.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
  3. The Plastic Doll chorus is giving me “Nicki M*naj remix (2012)” realness.. in a very good way.

[​IMG]

GLC and VivaForever like this.
  4. And I am freeeeeee

[​IMG]

evilsin, dylanaber, Laurence and 22 others like this.
  5. I love the chaotic energy of this collection, but ultimately neither versions of the album totally hit the mark for me. There’s a great album in there if you combine some of the production on ‘Dawn Of…’ with some of the pop sensibilities of ‘Chromatica’.

The remixes of ‘Free Woman’, ‘Plastic Doll’ and ‘Replay’ totally elevate the source compositions without sacrificing song structure in a typically “remix” way. Many of the other remixes have great production but either don’t have enough of the song present to cling onto or have the classic remix of trait of lingering around a particular motif for too long (which is great for poppers o clock but doesn’t hold my interest for a more casual listen).

Both versions of ‘911’ are great. I kind of still live for the “ba-beh ba-beh” of the Haus Labs ‘Babylon’ but the sheer lack of effort from BloodPop to add more meat to its bones for this release just prove that he’s a disposable collaborator for her.

I’m also kind of intrigued to hear what a Chester Lockheart produced Gaga album would sound like…

Glitterizer, Assassin and sesita like this.
  6. I was always quite meh on the album so wasn't expecting much from this, but Free Woman, 911 and Babylon (Bree version) are all brilliant and really elevate the songs. I'll be keeping those three.

Neon Green likes this.
  7. This is definitely an improvement. There are still several songs that won't give me much replay value, but they're at least infinitely more intriguing than the middling plink-plonks of their original incarnations.

Free Woman is literally what a follow-up to the Born This Way album should sound like in 2021 – there was always a great melody that felt unrealized, but this remix and production gives it all the zhuzh it needs. Rina sounds amazing.

Shoutout to Pabllo Vittar and Ashnikko for substantially elevating my two least favorites dd. Bree's Babylon is great as well.

8. I still really love the Plastic Doll remix, It does a great job of turning a great gaga song into a very great Ashnikko song. It's definitely one of the tracks I will grab for regular rotation from this project. It also feels like the most likely to be playlisted or turned into a Tiktok out of batch.

superultra, myblood, GLC and 4 others like this.
  9. The absolute chokehold the Replay remix is having on me. The multiple drops are different but all delightfully unhinged and work so well together. It’s like the 2021 version of the Blow remix by Cirkut.

VertigoStick and Andy French like this.
  10. The best song on the album getting the best remix? Maybe I'm a Free Woman again tonighT!

[​IMG]

evilsin, Laurence, Mr.Arroz and 29 others like this.
  11. holy FUCK the Free Woman remix pops the fuck off.

12. Dawn of Chromatica feels more correct. Not only does it capture the harder club vibes the original falls short of doing, but it's world-building in a way that aligns with the original concept. The featured artists are part of the tribes she never fleshed out and bring their own style to the foundation she laid on the original tracks. Everything feels more colorful and chaotic.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    evilsin, tea, LPT and 17 others like this.
  13. It’s the way 1000 Doves sounds like a lost Robyn instrumental circa 2011 now and I am living. This album has unlocked so many fever dreams sounds for her to explore.

14. RMK

RMK

The lack of playlisting is quite odd. It is a remix release, but not one track on New Music Friday.

15. Yeah, it is a no-brainer that ideally this is the album (and collaborators) she should pick up from when she starts work for her next one, if she continues that tradition.

16. pdf

pdf

a proper Gaga & planningtorock collar please

PfefferSalz likes this.
  17. The remixes to “rain on me”, and “plastic doll” are absolutely awful. Everything else is solid, first impression I’ve got to say “Free Woman” is the best.

Sleepycat likes this.
  18. "Fun Tonight" should be the single from this.

Future Lover and Grins like this.
  19. The Sine From Above remix made me laugh out loud.

tea, Mr.Arroz, Steve003 and 22 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.