Lady Gaga - Enigma / Jazz & Piano (Las Vegas Residency)

I don't understand why everyone keeps going off about a greatest hits show. She's only has about 13 big hits that the GP really want to hear, that leaves room for about 9 lesser known singles and fan favorites.

I'm sure she will throw in wild cards like at Roseland or Coachella

I don't understand why everyone keeps going off about a greatest hits show.
...because it's a Vegas show off the back of no new album? I'm not denying there's plenty of scope for songs we haven't seen performed in a while, but... the most cynical part of me says they'll probably be crushed into thoughtless, structure-mangling medleys in between singles anyway... like how they and even some popular singles are treated now, and during artRave, and during Born This Way Ball.

...because it's a Vegas show off the back of no new album? I'm not denying there's plenty of scope for songs we haven't seen performed in a while, but... the most cynical part of me says they'll probably be crushed into thoughtless, structure-mangling medleys in between singles anyway... like how they and even some popular singles are treated now, and during artRave, and during Born This Way Ball.

I understand that- but she doesn't have enough hits to fill a full setlist. So she has to include some other songs in order to do a 2 hour show. Obviously it'll be a tribute to her career with no new album tracks, but that doesn't mean a big part of the show won't be her back catalogue of non singles? I doubt she would just chuck in some fan favorites with no thought. Scheiße and Bloody Mary are both highlights at the Joanne Tour.

I do agree that the way she performs her hits is often pretty uninspiring.

he/him
I’m looking forward to the gradual cutting down of hits/older songs she obviously doesn’t like doing anymore. Maybe the spaced out dates will prevent her from getting too sick of them?

Reactions: GLC
I guess the setlist (and the show itself) is going to change drastically once she puts the new album out? If she's releasing it after December next year.

I’m looking forward to the gradual cutting down of hits/older songs she obviously doesn’t like doing anymore.
Yeah. I was a little surprised she was still doing "Love Game" and "Alejandro" for the Joanne tour.
When do popstars typically start culling hits in this day and age? Does Beyonce still do "Single Ladies"?

I don't mean to argue with literally everything you post but can we really compare Gaga's work ethic and involvement with Britney's?
No, because I'm sure if Gaga was a bit less involved a creative director might have finally breathed some new life into her old hits about two tours ago.

I'm mostly being facetious and y'all know I love to wail on old BotBot, but at least whoever is deciding how the songs should sound on Piece Of Me is taking a few risks. In fact, remixing older tracks is actually the one thing Britney has been far more adventurous in doing than Gaga ever has.

In fact, remixing older tracks is actually the one thing Britney has been far more adventurous in doing than Gaga ever has.
Amen. I wish more popstars did this.

Just as an example, and I'm not sure how much Madonna fans liked Stuart Price's versions for the Confessions Tour so I might be stepping in it here, but his version of "Like A Virgin" breathed new life into the song for me.