Lady Gaga - General Discussion | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

To be honest over zealous fans make it hard to like any act. I love Girls Aloud and Cheryl but put me in a thread about them and all the love makes me feel ill and write bad stuff!

2. AustenT

AustenT Guest

Lady GaGa was cool before Paparazzi came out... then she just decided all of a sudden she was 'artistic.'

3. IotV

IotV Guest

Pretty much sums up my feelings on GaGa too.

4. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Oh yes..one of Gaga's many lyrical gems!!

5. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Someone was passed by when she was wearing glasses that said 'Pop Music Will Never Be Low Brow,' and stating she wanted to be Andy Warhol's female musician equivalent back in 2008.

6. AustenT

AustenT Guest

OOOH I'M TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Is that Susan Boyle pic mirrored or normal?

8. AustenT

AustenT Guest

Mirrored plus a Santa hat.

9. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

It makes me sad, that in the US Gaga can become huge...but yet they will show no love to Kylie Minogue!!

10. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Not true, It's No Secret woz big!

11. AustenT

AustenT Guest

Makes me feel indie, though.

12. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I always thought it was 'Baby is a bad boy with some retro sneakers…'
    Is it not?

13. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

OK, just listened to "Kandy Life", and as a massive GaGa obsessive I feel bad saying this, but i hate her early demos. EVERY SINGLE FUCKING ONE. They're.... boring.

Please tell me I'm not the only one?

14. IotV

IotV Guest

I hate all the leaked tracks so far, with the notable exception of No Way, which is rather good.

15. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Crap, I forgot about that one. I didn't think that was as early as the other one, correct me if i'm wrong?

16. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

No they all really suck...for the exception of "Second Time Around" (I love this song).

17. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I just got my Lady GaGa Heartbeats headphones, they are pretty amazing

18. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I am teh hugest Gaga fan but I haven't ANY of her demos. I dl them but never feel the need to listen to them. If she wants me to listen to something she will record it properly.

I don't know what I hate most, demos, radio rips or live tracks!?
    In general I mean, not just Gaga.

19. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

With most of GaGa's demos I can understand why they remain that way.

When she's good, she's very good. But when she's bad, she's fucking atrocious.

20. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Yay! General discussion!

It's funny, I basically took an instant liking to GaGa's music, Just Dance and Pokerface were MASSIVE and fairly undeniable. But prancing about in her knickers as a reference to Warhol? I just couldn't swallow the artsy-fartsy mumbo-jumbo (those are the technical terms) and felt it was totally at odds with her uber-accessible electro-pop sound and vacuous lyrics. Then the piano version of Pokerface began to win me over, she had serious talent and it seemed exciting to think of other genres she could tackle. So bit by bit the barmy persona started to appeal (teacup notwithstanding) and was quite refreshing given how humble but dull popstars like Beyonce might be more likeable in interviews but hardly made for engrossing viewing.

And then Paparazzi came, the song itself was already sublime but the video just cemented her ability to put on a show and really create some brilliant pop imagery. But NOTHING could have prepared me for the VMAs and that performance. I fell head over heels from that moment on. And now, with Bad Romance and The Fame Monster in general, she's really upped her game in terms of material. It's a huge step up from the catchy but samey, vapid pop of The Fame. Now I'm quite a massive fan and think it's really exciting to have such a through and through popstar in the charts right now! She's got the tunes, the talent, the drive and the imagination - she's the perfect popstar!

So yeah, I like GaGa....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.