Lady Gaga - General Discussion | Page 308 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I Am... Joe Monster.

2. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Jesus God, if she pulls a "look I'm a boy!" stunt on this album, I will be...I don't know, disappointed. I hate the entire angle, if anything like that comes to fruition. Just be Gaga, and keep making better music. No need for the extra garbage.

3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I agree. It's becoming a bit pretentious for me. Just put out good music and we will follow.

4. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Or since she's come to the revolution that she could put two albums out next year, one could be the "boy" one and the other could be the "girl" one. And then put the best of both together to make the "GAGA" one.

5. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I don't want a "boy" Gaga - that's the part I hate and think is stupid. It's just dumb.

6. CBD

CBD

Which is funny, because I look forward to it - simply because everyone who already didn't like her art angle will be in even more a fit about it.

Of course, Gaga has a habit of never doing what we could expect or think of, so I'm not entirely holding my breath here.

7. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

But how...idiotic would an era of her pretending to be a boy be? It wouldn't feel real. She's still too new to be coming up with new aliases, I think. A lot of people aren't even used to Gaga, yet. Much less what they see as a girl, pretending to be someone named Gaga, pretending to be a man named Joe. It's way, way too much.

(assuming anything like that is the direction she's heading.)

8. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Cough,cough... Bionic... Cough,cough

9. J1

J1

I really like GaGa but I'm surprisingly not excited for this album at all. I might change my mind once the date gets closer but for now I really don't care. But this album really is make or break for her.

10. CBD

CBD

The humor of her being a man after all the rumors about it would be enough for me to thoroughly enjoy in.

Other than that, I really, highly doubt it would consist of her running around being like "OH NO I'M JOE NOW." She's smarter than that.

11. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

It'll be so strange if she ends up crapping out on this album and just being a flash in the pan. I'm so used to her being on top...but it could happen. She's still relatively new, and she climaxed extremely quickly. Not to mention, people seem be getting more and more sick of her.

12. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

She's a smart woman… whatever she does will work.

13. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I'm not doubting that the new album won't be good, but it's obviously a long way off from being released, so she should just be quiet for the time being.

14. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Yeah, if the whole "Jo Calderone" thing was the big secret, people have worked it out way too early…which will mean there will be a lot of hype over what "Jo" will do and no shock value, which is what she should be going for…

15. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Her response to the Jo Calderone shoot in the interview was probably at a time when it first came out on ShowStudio and even Nicola was denying it back then. I doubt that she would continue anything else as Joe, she probably has other things up her sleeve.

16. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I really don't believe that she will be appearing as Joe on this next album. She will definitely still be GaGa, and I really can't wait to see what direction she'll head in.
    I personally found The Fame to be an outstanding pop album, and then the added tracks such as "Paper Gangsta" were an improvement, and then with the Fame Monster she showed significant progress. So I really have no reason to doubt that she'll continue to improve and up her game.

I wouldn't be surprised though if Joe does make further appearances throughout her career though. Would nobody else find it interesting if she just decided to change sex 10 years into her career? Or be the first ever mainstream Drag-King to have a number 1 album? No?

I mean, Michael Jackson changed his race and people still shower him with respect and praise.

17. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

How ignorant. He had a pigmentation condition which is surprisingly common.

18. slimane

slimane Guest

Oh give me a break he had a minor pigment condition then went crazy with bleaching his skin.

19. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

EDIT::

I had written a fair bit about my views on Mr Jackson, but have chosen to delete it as it was nothing to do with the topic.

Although, the pigment condition he had affects the skin in blotchy patches, and I doubt you would find a doctor out there willing to suggest that it would alter a persons entire skin colour from head to toe.
    We all know Jackson intervened with the illness, and what disturbs me really is that he changed his very bone structure to be more like that of a white persons. I feel sympathetic towards the illness he had, but he took it too far.

Anyway, thats my opinion. Back to GaGa...

20. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Seriously, guys?!?! The coroner who examined Michael said his skin had huge blotches of white, and the spots that weren't white where covered with make-up. Michael even admitted to this years ago when he was on Oprah saying, he isn't completely white all over, and uses make up to blend in the places that aren't white, to give the appearance he is white all over.

I know it's totally off-topic, but I had to at least say that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.