Lady Gaga - General Discussion | Page 3663 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Plastic Doll sounds like it's about the public in general, but I've always thought it's very much about the fans.

brauliocruz and johnoclock like this.
  2. I mean it's all very much open to interpretation but she talked a lot about resenting her persona and the ownership the public/the fans have over it during the little promo we got for the album so it's not a huge leap.

3. It was an orchestrated campaign. It's frustrating because I'm trying to find evidence of Gaga having this alleged business connection to Lou or Rob Taylor, and I can't find it, so I'm not willing to read into it. However, Bobby is mutuals with Lou and is close friends with Sam Ashgari.

4. "little monsters torture meeeehh little monsters torture mayyyyhh"

I legit hear this.

5. I remember when we were saying she doesn't really celebrate anniversaries ":)"

Mr.Arroz, ItBeats, Poker Pro and 8 others like this.
  6. RMK

RMK

Only the important ones.

johnoclock and Cordyceps like this.
  7. It gives me that buzz

8. What in the Monat consultant is this poster

9. Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-18 um 22.23.32.png
    I would not be here for that.

10. Now I'm imagining Lady Gaga feat. Måneskin (or vice-versa) and it actually makes a lot of sense.

11. I mean, I wouldn’t necessarily salivate for a metal Gaga album, but a stadium rock, shoegaze-y leaning album? Yes ma’am.

Edu, Crisp X, heavymetalGAGA and 4 others like this.
  12. This is quite literally what I need from Gaga!

More songs like Diamond Heart, Perfect Illusion, John Wayne, You and I, Million Reasons, Speechless her cover of What's Up and the piano versions of everything - Stupid Love, Born This Way, etc. please!

Would love her Heart of Stone moment. Not sure about metal though as I'm unfamiliar with that genre.

Along with some more classic rock/singer songwriter moments like

Would also love her to explore a funk/disco sound (again, don't know tons about these "genres" or if that's even accurate but I love these sounds from her)

^ but I think that could exist on the same record. Please give Mark a call!

Edu, huntypoo, HairBodyFace and 3 others like this.
  13. A rock album from THE Lady Gaga is so long overdue honestly. She has been calling herself a rockstar since the very beginning of her career so it's about time you give us that ROCKSTAR magnum opus sis. LG7 being stadium rock with 1-3 ballads is a dream of mine. Now that pop-rock seems to be the next thing, I really want her to go down that road. Hopefully not too late lol.

This is exactly what I wanted for Chromatica. I'm still kinda pressed she wasn't on Late Night Feelings too.

GRMusic, Edu, heavymetalGAGA and 8 others like this.
  14. I'd love an album spanning various sub-genres and flavors of rock, from Cher-like power ballads to batshit nu-metal.

huntypoo, Applause and Sleepycat like this.
  15. Yes to all of this. Her and Mark clashing disco, funk and stadium rock with some metal influences peppered over it all… Give me that thing Funk the Punk opus that I love.

16. Her voice is literally made for doing rock/metal

17. With that being said - I love moments like Do What U Want, The Cure, Heal Me, Love Me Right and wouldn't mind her exploring pop with r&b, 90's influences either.

18. I don’t trust her taste at all to be able to pull off any giant rock/metal opus. The stadium rock elements only worked within the world of Born This Way because of how cheesy they were and it fitting with the ‘be true to yourself’ narrative, and obviously backed by face pummelling synths (tone those down and you’d be left with a set of MANiCUREs).

Feel like her vision would just be another generic album by The Pretty Reckless and I’d unstan instantly.

Mr.Arroz, aaronhansome, RJF and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.