Lady Gaga - General Discussion | Page 3680 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. The trailer seems to be extremely well received, with most articles predicting at least an Oscar nomination.

2. I think short of a real catastrophic performance, she stands a good chance at a nomination anyways. The Academy love musicians who (successfully) turn to acting, and after their lowest rated telethon to date they’ll be looking to pull in star power with big names. After being nominated for practically everything for A Star is Born, she’s already leading on the right foot for this one.

The acting circles have taken to her far better than than I ever thought they would after the (some would say undeserved) golden globe win for AHS. She’s definitely proving her chops and getting the right people on board.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Lila likes this.
  3. RMK

RMK

I'm excited, but I will say outside of her performance the trailer felt a bit sloppy. Curious to see how the filters/color grading for the movie will turn out. But we aren't film majors on forum.popjustice.com, so I'm perched.

4. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

I feel like films that front load their campaigns with ACADEMY AWARD WINNER title sequences always end up flopping at the Oscars but I’m not here for awards this time I’m here for camp.

hologram, Lila, bakerboy92 and 11 others like this.
  5. The lewk and accent serving me this

which is not a complaint I must add

6. I’ll be curious to hear who she’s working with as an acting coach on this since she was so appreciative of her work with Elizabeth Kemp on A Star is Born and expressed her appreciation after her passing and throughout the campaign. Working with someone of her stature seemed to further established her legitimacy as an actor in industry circles, so I’d be surprised if she went without someone through this project.

7. All this talk of accents and no one is bringing up Jared Leto's?

You picked a RRRRRRRReal fiRRRRRRRRRRRecRRRRRRRRRRRRRackeRRRRRRRRRRRRR

8. Because we avoid Jarred Lettuce no?

OlliMaus, Verandi, hologram and 2 others like this.
  9. That "I cooka da pizza" dialect he's using feels impossible to avoid

10. The trailer is high camp and I love it.

11. Something about the trailer reads more Oliver Stone than Ridley Scott, and I am intrigued.

12. She's feeling her Italian oats dd

13. Dddd the Oscar Buzz feels entirely unwarranted but that is somehow MORE camp?!

Verandi, bakerboy92 and Jordtayylor like this.
  14. The Mario feature at the Olympics now makes total sense. I feel we are robbed of a high camp moment.

"It’s-a-me, Gaga"

strictmachine79, Sam, R92 and 6 others like this.
  15. I'm so excited for her to talk about being Italian even more intensely than she normally does during every interview. And she'll extra ham it up because she knows her fans always have a chuckle about it normally anyways.

spaceship and soratami like this.
  16. It's-a-me, Steeeeeeeeeee-faniiiiiiii!

17. I’m ready for ‘there can be 100 Italians in the room’ 2021.

18. It's giving me d r a m a t i c s which I live for. She knew exactly what she was doing accepting this role.

[​IMG]

4Roses, neinzedd, jvckkk and 9 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.