Lady Gaga - General Discussion | Page 3727 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Her snow costume in House of Gucci is being sold at auction for charity (estimate EUR 15,000 - 25,000) at Christie's Paris. Glam.
    [​IMG]

2. I haven't seen House of Gucci yet but same, I was so nervous/excited/proud the entire time I was watching A Star Is Born for the first time. And I was about to throw hands when I was walking out after the movie ended and I heard someone behind me say "I don't know, I think she was trying too hard!"

3. I don't know when I'll get to see it, and it's driving me nuts because it looks like just the kind of camp mess I'd live for.

The clip with her talking to the blonde woman about taking things that don't belong to her was incredible. I think it's easy to get caught up and carried away with the over the top character and bigger moments, but there's real nuance in Gaga's acting that just not everybody has. She can make it look so utterly natural.

4. This was my favorite moment from the movie. I think Gaga played Patrizia best in the middle section of the film when she is wielding power, yet also knows it might be gone just as easily.

5. I saw it yesterday and while I don’t think it’s a great movie, it’s certainly a good one. Gaga was excellent in it. A very different character to Ally, but she nailed them both. And not only is she clearly a strong actress, she absolutely oozes charisma. She definitely has huge screen presence. As for the film itself, the screenplay was messy and the marketing was a little deceptive. I found it very entertaining though!

BricksAndStrings, Sarzy and DinahLee like this.
  6. RMK

RMK

The film is good, and her performance was great. I'm the first to call someone annoying, and Jared's part felt essential here. He was supposed to be over the top.

My only gripe with the film is that it would've been amazing to see more of the trial, and how it slowly unfolded to be Patricia as guilty. The attitude in that final scene would've been welcome, and all the stories about her in jail were also interesting.

SlowBurn likes this.
  7. I liked the movie and Gaga was amazing in it (and honestly her waist is something to die for). I loved the costumes, the soundtrack and its atmosphere but honestly the script was lacking nn. I don't mind not seeing much of the trial as that was clearly delibarate but for example they got like three scenes before Adam's character was willing to marry her and give up everything. His "change" after he run away into Switzerland felt abrupt too. I usually hate this kind of comments but it did feel like something ready for a Neflix series, especially since they cover like 15 years of material.

LGStan93, SlowBurn and Gabeee9292 like this.
  8. My being being able to clock details like her nostril flaring a little too much is why I could only watch A Star Is Born once nn

9. Film was long but good. She was the highlight. A couple of bits dragged, but I thought she was great.

10. I didn’t really have any idea about Driver’s character at the end of the film. I never got a grasp on what kind of man he was portraying. He was particularly ill-served by the script.

DinahLee likes this.
  11. HMD

HMD

What a performance! Just watched this and she’s awesome in it.

Sleepycat and jbnd05 like this.
  12. Was the film “Oscar worthy” (hype and marketing included) or just Gaga’s performance?

13. Reviews, audience reaction and expert predictions say this film, overall, will not sweep the Oscars - but Gaga has the ability to be nominated for Best Actress.

Alenko, Coolrockgirl and An Insider like this.
  14. Yeah I only see Gaga and maybe costuming Oscar noms coming out of this.

DoggySwami likes this.
  15. Bohemian Rhapsody was a Best Picture contender, what does "Oscar worthy" even mean anymore?

I could see this making an awards splash if it does really solid box office numbers. I think the industry is desperate for a hit that isn't a franchise.

Sleepycat likes this.
  16. Yeah but that was a box office smash and the Oscars love both music biopics and physical transformations. This really is a much different story.

17. For some reason I found A Star is Born about as enjoyable as nails on a chalkboard but I loved this. Gaga was wonderful casting. I was totally sold. I also didn’t even notice the run time - I was captivated from start to finish. Agree with others though on the ending needing more fleshing out though.

18. I fall asleep every time I try to watch A Star Is Born but I'm gonna give this a try!

19. How are all your takes... takes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.