Lady Gaga - General Discussion | Page 3729 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Imagine dd

LPT, Mr.Arroz, Wishlight and 25 others like this.
  2. Yeah I wouldn’t expect a record until 2023 at the earliest. Take your time, by all means.

spaceship, HairBodyFace and sesita like this.
  3. “I think this performance was musical in a way” dddd she really said “listen up cig, you’re going to the movies to watch this film and you’re going to like it and be thankful.”

LPT, Mr.Arroz, spaceship and 24 others like this.
  4. Honestly, I'm more interested in Gaga the actress right now anyway. I'm totally on board with Gaga doing basic bops, but they need to be better than the ones on Chromatica. So if her hearts not in it, do movies. Besides, her film role choices have been pretty on brand so even if there's no music it still all feels very Lady Gaga Event centric.

5. RMK

RMK

nn the way she still has to drop the bomb that the Chromatica tour is cancelled. Her eyes at the slightest mention in the BBC interview has been burned into my brain.

6. The way this R-rated film outgrossed Disney’s newest release yesterday for the #1 slot. Smash smash smash!

7. It's totally okay if she takes some time from releasing another solo project. Good sis has been having a lot going on lately. As far as my wishes go I would love to see her dig deep into new wave/italo disco/hi-nrg and make it futuristic on her own. But honestly I'm gonna be on board whatever it's gonna be. Just take time and make it good and rich in flavour.

8. I still dream of Gaga doing a visual album but knowing how she works it could never work out.

spaceship and Sleepycat like this.
  9. It's a horrific movie, but not because of her. So I consider that a win.

10. The movie had the best day to day hold and was number 1 again in the US yesterday. It was the only movie to take over $1 million. This thing's going to have some legs.

11. Gaga's boyfriend right before he bought her eggs.

12. I finally got a chance to watch it tonight. It’s at least 30-40 minutes too long and overstuffed with business talk that really is kind of dull. It could have done with another edit to focus the narrative down to the core storyline - the rise and fall of their relationship.

But positively, she is undoubtedly the highlight of the film and grounds it all into something worth watching. The arc of her character and the strength of her performance is worth the praise she’s getting - the movie comes alive every time she’s on the screen. It’s no mean feat to not only go toe to toe with the actors she did, but punch well above her weight.

Sure, the movie probably won’t end up the best in her filmography when all is said and done but her performance has more than stamped her card. There’s no need to delineate her into the “pop star goes actress” category anymore. She’s a fully fledged (and fantastic) actress, period.

spaceship, Wishlight, Sam and 4 others like this.
  13. I seen it tonight and the screen was packed which was surprising.

The film was alright and Gaga stole the show. I feel like Adam Driver has been underrated by everyone, I particularly enjoyed him. Jared Leto’s accent made me want to die every time I heard and I screamed every time Salma Hayek gaslit Gaga during the film

spaceship and LGStan93 like this.
  14. Do we know when it will be on streaming/if it's getting an early release like other films in the past year? Trying to avoid the theatres but might have to brave it if it's going to be a while.

15. For streaming, it's getting a 45 day theatrical window, then streaming on Epix for 90 days, then Paramount+

There's no PVOD date yet. I imagine they were just waiting for the first couple of weeks to see how it's performing in theatres before deciding.

16. Well deserved, she's great in House Of Gucci. I enjoyed a lot

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.