Lady Gaga - Joanne | Page 2620 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - Joanne

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Aug 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is why I don't read pieces and just write them.

2. GLC

GLC

I still haven't forgiven Flavorwire for publishing an article which tried to claim that ARTPOP was one of the worst albums of all time. I'm not a huge fan of that album, but... come the fuck on.

myblood, LPT and BricksAndStrings like this.
  3. Publications do too much on Gaga in general. There's really no in between.

4. ARTPOP is a lot like MDNA in that it's the artist's worst album, but even then, it's not that bad.

5. GLC

GLC

At least it has Do What U Want and at least a couple of other good songs, and it's an interesting snapshot of Gaga's mindset at the time.

myblood likes this.
  6. Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  7. Does she dress to wacky?

8. That title goes to The Fame. ARTPOP is The Fame's stronger and more evolved sister. But Fame has soooooo much filler...and not the fun kind either. The filler on ARTPOP I feel is still serviceable.

9. Why The Fuck Are We Supposed To Care? Is my rebuttal.

10. Island

Island Staff Member

YES.

Suburbia likes this.
  11. Artpop has career highs and terrifying career lows. But the highs are enough to make up for the lows and thus I ultimately like it better than Born This Way and Joanne which are admittedly stronger sets as a whole but don't have anything I come back to as much as Sexxx Dreams and Do What U Want.

The Fame is great. I see her stans slate it all the time, as if its not the reason they liked her in the first place. Its only shit song is Summerboy and maybe Brown Eyes due to lazy songwriting. Of her peer group it is by far the strongest debut.

myblood and sidle54 like this.
  12. Uh uh. I'm not here for this Summerboy slander.

13. Gaga's worst album, in my opinion, is Joanne. The best one is The Fame Monster, of course.

sidle54 and D.Jay like this.
  14. Summerboy, while disposable, is somehow still one of her best songs? Like, even if it isn't a great gaga song, it's still a great pop song? It's weird cause while it's one of the best songs in her discography, it isn't one of her best songs.

15. Joanne is such a blip on her discography. I was legitimately shocked when I heard it. It's just too much change too fast. There was no transition into that sound, no warning really, it just happened. And it truly feels we still haven't gotten a fifth "Lady Gaga" album. Joanne feels like another one-off album to me.

sidle54 likes this.
  16. It's not.

Jwentz and BricksAndStrings like this.
  17. ..........obviously.

18. There were countless warnings? Her own dissatisfaction with the traditional pop game? Joanne is the transitional album? Like I get that these statements cannot change how you feel about it, which, whatever, but some things come down to not paying attention?

19. I understand why Joanne may not be everyone's cup of tea, but to call it her worst album is… idek. Joanne features some of her all-time best songwriting & melodies. As far as the sonic pallette, it may be more "organic" & feature slight country/folk/rock influences, but it's not all that far removed from the sound she's know for & the sound her fans obsess over. There's plenty of uptempo pop/dance tracks. Not to mention, this album includes her best ballads.

20. She literally toured the country hulking around Tony's decaying corpse talking about moving away from pop music for ages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.