Lady Gaga - The Chromatica Ball | Page 151 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - The Chromatica Ball

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, Mar 9, 2020.

1. CD Japan is the best place to order this stuff from

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICS-9180

2. Sam

Sam

I guess I’m stuck back in the Lady Gaga - Quicksand.mp3 again cause I really fucking want that

3. I’d been on the fence about that slightly basic boxset released at the end of 2020 which was just the album in a 7” size with some postcards for £50, but this has enough extra to justify it for me!

Sam likes this.
  4. I’m obsessed with this sketch. The grey outfit is one of her best stage costumes ever.
    upload_2022-8-1_12-37-46.jpeg

5. I don’t really care for any or the Chromatica Ball looks. I like the funny hand and the one with the alien headpiece but that’s about it.

I think the actual problem is I just don’t like this severe, eyebrowless, slicked back hair style and mug, it’s too The Countess / The Fame Monster, I’d prefer something a bit closer to the album photoshoot.

6. the one on the right reminds me of something she’d wear on the cover of V magazine from the chest up. I love it!

7. I looove the 911 section outfit that was my favourite. I echo the hair/eyebrows aren't great too

8. I'm obsessed with the hair/eyebrows, its giving Monster Ball and Countess for sure, and its everything! Especially when you're at the show, it looks striking. It fits with the costumes and the overall theme of the show too.

9. I think as someone said earlier in the thread, the setlist is very local appeasing on paper, but the visuals and how she presents the songs is exactly what the fans have wanted (barring remixing the older singles), a clever balance she's struck.

10. I really want to go see her on the 11th in New Jersey, especially cause the last time I saw her was 10 years ago during the Born This Way Ball, but tickets are so insanely pricey. Anyone had any luck snatching cheaper tickets through resellers closer to the concert date or on the day of?

11. Just go on Ticketmaster morning of...refresh around 7am. I bet you'll get something face value. Or try going to the box office when it opens, you might have to line up.

Enrique Garcia likes this.
  12. She’s never looked better to me. So grateful and blessed she didn’t come out in the cosplay vibey looks of the original album era/enigma. There were gems at the time but this is a much stronger and well realised approach. It feels refined - and refinement is something which I would argue is she often sacrificed in favour of experimentation or maximalism. The visuals are laser-focused.

13. Yeah, this is back on track to the amazing looks Joanne tour had, which was only second to Monster Ball 1.0's looks for me.

Pat, Tracy Jacks, Phloo and 8 others like this.

14. I personally dislike most of the bleached eyebrows looks ever since 2014 when it started to happen more often, and I also tend to not like short hair, but ironically I love the combo on this tour. It’s just truly striking. It gives a huge Countess tease but it works so well with the show concept and all.

I think the hair especially is helping her on stage. Past tours there was always a moment where the wig was looking like a mop and going inside her mic+mouth ddd.

15. I'm having post-concert blues. I want more, it was such a joy to see her enjoy being on stage again and just being the superstar she is.

Tigerlily, jk-ennedy, Alenko and 2 others like this.
  16. I have little monster zone tickets (aka "golden circle?") for this weekend i D.C. I've heard stand in the front middle of the stage between the two catwalks if you get first row? Can anyone confirm? Not sure the best place to stand if you're in the front?

17. Ok these are X-Men characters. If she wasn't playing Harley already, I would be demanding she play Emma Frost or Mystique.

18. I went on Friday and when i tell you i expended every morsel of energy i had in the first four songs and nearly fainted from exhaustion dancing to Monster. I also got home at 3am because the pilgrimage from the stadium to Seven Sisters had me nursing a sweet chilli wrap from McDonalds on the side of the road for like 2 hours. Iconic!

Kinda wish i took the show in a bit more and spent less time drinking and talking to gays in the toilet but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. I stood round the right hand side of right hand walkway and got a good view. There’ll be less people there too
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.