Lady Gaga - The Chromatica Ball | Page 163 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga - The Chromatica Ball

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by aux, Mar 9, 2020.

1. A total mess. But honestly… this level of hypocrisy among the entertainment / media industry neoliberal elite feels rampant on a number off fronts so I find myself not surprised. That world is all rotten dd.

2. Crying because I was low key waiting for you to explain something we didn’t know and make it okay.

But honestly, it makes me feel terrible for her dancers. I couldn’t even imagine what they must be feeling, especially because I’m sure they hold her with high regards.

Digital_Fossil likes this.
  3. Her actions are not only an insult to the dancers that have come forward but they will also embolden a (accused) predator to continue his abusive behaviour. To say this is disappointing might be an understatement.

Sam, OlliMaus, heavymetalGAGA and 3 others like this.
  4. I am mostly amazed because this happened on her watch. It's not just that she worked with someone who was abusive, it was her workplace that was toxic. Who would want to go work for her now? I mean I guess dancing for Lady Gaga is still a huge opportunity but at what cost? Very tone deaf, especially for someone who preaches kindness.

5. Unfortunately the dance community is full of toxic people like this, and most dancers are either conditioned to tolerate it or too scared to speak up. So people will continue to seek out the opportunity to work for her and Richy.

6. I really wonder what she is gonna say when this is inevitably asked to her face.

7. Exactly, this is one of the main problems in the entertainment industry. Major opportunities don’t come often. The people in power know this, that’s why abuse goes on for so long and many continue to get away with it. They have the power. As soon as someone speaks up, their career can be over and they never work again. It’s gross. I really want Gaga to do something about this. Now.

8. I sadly think this is just unlikely, because she should be aware and outspoken about it, but I don't think they have a "free pass" to ask her about anything\everything and she's on the verge of finishing her Tour. I don't think she'll be in Press until Joker in like... 2 years from now.

9. I guess the Japan shows weren‘t filme either?

10. The entertainment industry (and creative in general) is built in trash 'pay your dues' / 'suffer now to get ahead later' tropes so of course this will never stop.

11. I guess there's still the remaining US dates.

If this tour isn't recorded AND released, I'm going to be so pissed. One concert film for her entire career is embarrassing for an artist whose live performances are a huge part of her appeal.

GLC, Alenko, BubblegumBoy and 6 others like this.
  12. I don’t think there’s going to be a specific date they film if they decide to do anything for this tour. I assume they’d use the in-house cameras, because a lot of the screen footage that I’ve noticed in videos is way better than your typical show’s.

Alenko, Pat, BricksAndStrings and 3 others like this.
  13. Especially considering how much she has evolved since 2011

Sleepycat likes this.
  14. So they've decided all the complaints about him mean jack shit basically? I mean how else are people supposed to interpret this shit as nothing else but her being a massive fucking hypocrite?

15. I hope she address the issue right after the tour...

16. Woahhhh. Those numbers are insane.

17. All I can say is that I wish them all to find a better and safer place to work.
    Jeremy found Pink and he seems to have his best work life ever. I'm sure all the other dancers will also find their happy workplace.

18. Hate to be that person, but can anyone advise as to what time she’s hit the stage on previous dates of this tour? My Saturday assignment will now be going longer than expected - as well as being located in Malibu (fitting) - and am hoping I can actually get to the show on time.

GimmeWork likes this.
  19. I think almost every show has started at either 8:30 or 9:10. Mine started at exactly 9:10 and ended at 11:18

GimmeWork and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.