Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek to Cheek / Love for Sale | Page 134 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek to Cheek / Love for Sale

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Retsaf, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Think it's because this means Fearless will likely beat Love For Sale to #1.

BlondUnicorn likes this.
  2. This. I guess I accepted it now, though dd. Hopefully it’s still top 3.

3. RMK

RMK

It sucks because she has that record, but if Gaga wanted the number one she'd promote and make it happen.

4. Second Alt cover now available!

Andy French likes this.
  5. RMK

RMK

If Love For Sale does Cheek to Cheek numbers they'll probably get number one, but it has been years since then. Curious if they've done any traditional promotion to try and get Tony fans to buy.

6. Taylor did 192k sales (excluding streaming) for Evermore in the week that the vinyl & signed CDs were released, 6 months after the digital release - I don’t imagine Fearless will do the same numbers, as it’s not a ‘new’ studio album and the vinyl is a lot more expensive as it’s a 3LP, but Cheek To Cheek’s first week sales were 131k… I can’t see any scenario in which Love For Sale will outsell it.

RMK and mindtrappa like this.
  7. Yeah. Between Drake, Taylor, and Lil Nas X... I'm not very hopeful. They should have stuck with the plan to release it in the Spring.

Laurence likes this.
  8. Does it really fucking matter that much... 150k copies and a #1 tag versus 150k copies and a #2 tag or whatever?

9. It would be nice to continue her 10-year streak of six to seven studio albums going to #1 but agree it's not a huge deal.

10. I mean, they definitely care, or else they wouldn't be dropping these alternate covers and putting up signed editions. And I think it's less about Gaga (although I'm sure they care about that as well) and more about wanting Tony's last project to go number one.

11. Then why not get a different date?

12. The amount of brand partnerships, performances, streaming, concert specials lined up for months would make it very hard to just swap a date around. They've already kept this since 2018.

13. 2016 if we want to go way back dd. It's definitely time to get it out there.

14. I can tell that this is going to be hard to watch. Glad to see her again on 60Minutes though

neinzedd and heavymetalGAGA like this.
  15. RMK

RMK

I'm holding out some hope because Tony brings a very traditional audience and outlets like 60 Minutes aren't meant to cater toward Gaga. We'll see. Is it true Taylor yanked her signed CDs tweet?

16. No one seems to care dd, but just to keep the thread updated

Sarzy, Jacques and SlowBurn like this.
  17. God their friendship is so sweet.

Sarzy likes this.
  18. The album trailer is beautiful. I can't wait to hear the whole thing on Friday - I'm actually more excited for this than I was Cheek to Cheek based on the snippets.

Sarzy and ImaginationS like this.
  19. soratami, Sam, aaronhansome and 15 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.