Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek to Cheek / Love for Sale | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek to Cheek / Love for Sale

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Retsaf, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Ha, the meltdowns.

She'll have her fun, win a Grammy or two, then go back to the Gaga that most of the people in this thread have been calling 'over' for the past two years.

2. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

It's been promoted as a covers album since day one. Anyone confused just hasn't paid attention.

3. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

It isn't 100% but they've had meetings about it all week, and she just shot some magazine covers, which I assume will be used to promote it.

4. Retsaf

Retsaf Guest

I love everything about this.* TrollGa at her finest.

*apart from the fact that it's probably going to ruin her entire career, but oh well.

5. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I don't even mind the idea of a jazzy album.

It's the duet aspect and inevitable all inferior cover versions that makes this so heinous.

6. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Part of me is getting some laughs at this, but after a little bit I realize that I'm a little annoyed. Then I keep laughing.

As far as this release being an 'era' in pop terms, I don't believe it'll be that extensive. But it will most likely take up up the entire August-January time frame.

I do hope they decide to include at least a couple of original tracks on it. Maybe even a reworking of one of Gaga's songs.

7. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

If it flops we will quickly move on, who cares? Unless, of course, she becomes possessed by the ghost of Amy.

I'm ready for JAZZpop.

8. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

A*

9. Rmx

Rmx

"Cheek to cheek" reminds me of this album cover. Wouldn't it be far more exciting if she covered this album?

[​IMG]

10. Anathema

Anathema Guest

To think this woman was once the biggest popstar in the world.

(I guess I'll just block out everything about her until the next era comes, which is like... 2016?)

11. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Or 2015 if this experiment works out.

12. Retsaf

Retsaf Guest

With Tony Bennett.

13. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

This sounds like my idea of hell, I shall ignore this 'project' and act like it doesn't exist.

14. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

How will this be better than the dozens of other wretched projects where a popstar decided they can sing standards? I'm thinking of Sinead O'Connor, Rod Stewart, Robert Palmer, and countless others.

They impress people who have no existing knowledge of traditional American pop vocals (the songs are so well written, it's hard to mess them up completely), but they're usually dire and filled with the worst kind of cheesy mugging. Seems like Bennett has been doing this sort of tacky project (product) for decades.

15. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I JUST CAN'T at the meltdowns. For an album everyone has known about for a year, that was supposed to be released in January but got delayed and, what's that shock and awe I hear? It's COVERS?! From Tony Bennett. Well who'd have thought it...

My opinion is that if you're gonna do a standards album it may as we'll be with Tony Bennett. And it being a duet album offsets the notion that it's the direction she's going down as a solo artist.

The fact that this is likely to be fan kryptonite thought is quite reassuring. It means the GP will probably love it.

16. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Ha! at this being pretty much spot on. It's what I've been thinking about this. I think it'll do well enough, and I'm not massively offended by it at all. She does this kind of thing very well. Granted, it's not everyone's cup of tea but each of her albums has divided her own fanbase hugely, so I really can't see how this is any different to be honest.

17. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Gaga said she will perform in space in 2015, non? Get Tony Bennet with you and get that Cheek to Cheek promo Gags!

18. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Queen Latifah, ha impact.

19. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

As usual the meltdowns are more tragic than any Gaga decision we only know so much about.

Excuse my loud cackle when this neither hurts nor helps her 'image' and the 'coffin' remains half closed.

20. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Yeah, whatever. Of course this was gonna have more attention devoted to it than monsters were hoping for (i.e., none), but any "proper era" talk seems premature. How could it even be one? There's only so much you can do with a jazz covers album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.