Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek to Cheek / Love for Sale | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek to Cheek / Love for Sale

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Retsaf, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Ha!

The album cover of course will be a recreation of the Do What U Want sleeve, this time with added Tony

Edit - ah, I see this joke has already been made.

2. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Hearing new facets of her voice is the one thing that has me excited as well. That tiny clip of her singing to """fans"""" the other day was exquisite, she is capable of singing in such ethereal, light tones and yet she usually adopts that very harsh, almost grating tone. I would love to see her try new things.

3. Retsaf

Retsaf Guest

Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

OH GOD

4. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

She did sound amazing in that.

5. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Yes, I think it'll be immensely sensible for Gaga to broaden her musical horizons and get away from DJ Shite Shadow's productions. I honestly feel Gaga and jazz would be a brilliant combination. Iggy Pop did it a few years ago and seriously, it's one of his best albums. Also, I seethed when someone branded Azealia Banks a 'mixtape artist' - so I completely agree with your comparison between a jazz standards album and hip-hop artists using samples. It is part of the culture. I don't know if Tony Bennett is putting out an album of jazz standards though. I don't know enough about him, to be honest.

6. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I've known about this for ages but somehow seeing this as a thread on popjustice makes it real and just feels like disappointment.

Is there no way she could throw out Act 2 and this simultaneously just to soften the blow? Put those magazine covers and promo spots to a duel good use? No, of course not.

7. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I missed this?

8. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Hey, it'll get her on a few TV shows around Christmas and remind people how talented she is. I doubt she'll still be promoting it in 2015, so she can wrap up the tour if she hasn't already done so and spend the year working on the next album, maybe with a few guest vocals to remind people she exists and then a properly thought-out campaign with a few contingency plans and no false promises for everyone to get hung up on.

9. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I hope this ends up just being an EP.

10. Retsaf

Retsaf Guest

Yeah I hope so too.

Watch as they release a 20-song-long jazz epic.

11. Retsaf

Retsaf Guest

Imagine if Gaga and Tony were to do something like this. I would just about die.

12. Retsaf

Retsaf Guest

Why do my links never work?

[video=youtube;NFN3LmHD7QM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFN3LmHD7QM[/video]

13. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Robert Wilson just confirmed that he might be working on a live show for Gaga and Tony "soon"

14. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

The Cheek Kills Tour: Starring Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga.

15. TeenIdle

TeenIdle Guest

Fame (Does) Kill Tour - A Final Engagement With Tony Bennett

16. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Honestly, I don't think it will have much of an effect on her "main" career, at all. That said, I'm finding it pretty much impossible to give any sort of fuck about this.

17. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

She just recorded a mini concert with Tony at the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts in Queens, they also did an interview. It will be aired on the Today Show according to fans/students in attendance.

18. SMG

SMG

This is all happening quite quickly isn't it? When's the single/album out?

19. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Sometime this Fall.

20. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Video of her rehearsing at the Frank Sinatra School of the Arts this afternoon

[video=youtube;y1QyNP_JoPY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1QyNP_JoPY[/video]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.