Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek to Cheek / Love for Sale | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek to Cheek / Love for Sale

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Retsaf, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Exquisite. Barbra realness in full effect.

2. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I wouldn't mind if this album was half covers and half original songs.

3. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

No thanks.

4. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Oh god no. I can't believe she's really doing this now :-/

5. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Fantastic. Truly sublime.

6. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I guess its not surprising there is so much indifference to this on a pop music forum..... My response to that is other types of music are great and enjoyable as well.

Anyway, I am here for her brunette, new-york-schmaltzy-jazz Mini-era! I think its important to remember how classy and incredible she can be as a performer.

7. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

It's jazz though. Jazz.

8. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Oh my god Jazz is such an awful genre of music for anyone to perform.~

9. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Jazz is nice but I can't help but be #pressed that they are preparing things for this way earlier than they ever did for ARTPOP. At this point a year ago, she was still virtually missing. The pride speech hadn't even happened.

(It's probably because she'll be busy with her tour later but still)

10. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I actually like jazz, but I don't really want to hear Gaga singing it. I'm afraid her vocal quirks will turn it into musical theater, and I'm not that interested in an album of all duets with just Tony either. I'll probably check it out just to see, though.

11. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

For all the people going on about it being "jazz," this is the truth about this release.

One which I am very excited for, I bet her voice will sound lovely and the arrangements will be lush.

12. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I'm so ready for a full jazz album by Gaga. I wish it was just her, though. I mean, I love Tony, but the fact that the project is half his probably means it's going to be twee and cheesy, and full of standards. Imagine the kind of next level stuff Gaga would come up with for a solo jazz album?

13. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I'll be thankful to finally hear her lovely voice clearly over classic melodies and not muddled by kitchen sink productions and her incessant need to put on affected grunts and wails to seem weird.

14. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Jazz was the pop of its day. It was "devil's music." All the kids were shunning their parents' opera concertos by shaking their asses and downing bathtub gin in speakeasies. Only now does it seem like a stodgy, ancient monolith of respect and class. Funny how the tide changes.

15. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I'm actually excited for this because her voice suits standards incredibly well and I'm a sucker for them anyway. Hopefully we finally get a studio version of Orange Colored Sky, duet with Tony or not.

16. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Jazz is one of my favorite genres in music. Can't wait for an album worth of Gaga all jazzed up.

17. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I'm sure it will be a good seller, Tony sells quite well. It might help her stabilize her position in the industry after the (perceived or actual) underperformance of ArtPop, paving the way for her proper studio follow up.

18. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

Exactly, exactly. I'd be so here for a solo Gaga jazz album, especially if she went more into Swing Out Sister/Basia territory instead of the purer jazz stuff she did on her Thanksgiving special. But even that would be interesting, at the very least, and probably quite good. Tony Bennett being involved makes me squirm - I actually don't like him at all. But then, The Lady Is a Tramp was pretty fun, so all may not be lost.

Just watch, she'll find a way to grunt and wail over jazz standards.

19. Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I'm ready for my children to cringe in embarrassment as I sip chardonnay listening to "Party Rock Anthem" in 2054.

20. Retsaf

Retsaf Guest

Re: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek To Cheek

I hate jazz but I love Gaga so I will perform my stan duties and purchase Cheek To Cheek.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.