Lady Gaga: Unreleased, demos and rarities rate (Finished) | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga: Unreleased, demos and rarities rate (Finished)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Maki, Feb 16, 2020.

?

Which section had the most discoveries/is your favourite?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2020.
  1. 2005/2006 - Early years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Red and Blue EP

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. 2006/2007 - Pre-Fame sessions (Team Love Child)

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. 2007/2008 - The Fame sessions

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. 2008/2009 - The Fame Monster sessions

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. 2010/2011 - Born This Way sessions

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  7. 2012/2013 - ARTPOP sessions

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. "Monster" is one of my favorite Gaga songs. Like Top 20.

2. soratami and berserkboi like this.
  3. soratami and berserkboi like this.
  4. soratami and berserkboi like this.
  5. soratami and berserkboi like this.
  6. Pat

Pat

Thanks for making these, they are really interesting to read. Do we have a chronological rundown of the songs Gaga and Rob Fusari did together? Would be interesting to listen them that way and see the development.

7. You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoy reading them.

As for the chronological order of the Gaga-Fusari songs, that's a great idea and it's something that I've been interested in for quite a while, actually.
    Unfortunately, there isn't a list of that kind. Gaga's Wikia page has a list of all known songs they did together, but lists the years of most of the songs as 2006/7, which doesn't even imply to the exact year. Also, an amount of songs have different versions and/or were re-worked, hence were done at separate stages, which makes it tricky to set them apart, but we know that all of them were created between 2006 and 2007. One thing I'm certain about is that the first song they've collaborated on is "Wonderful" and the last one is "Paparazzi".
    Also, there are some song files that have a date attached to them, which implies when the song could've been recorded/mixed/finished, so it may be helpful.

I'll try to compile a list from what we do know and the rest can be just assumptions, but I'm going to do that after the votes closes.

8. The little pauses while she speaks are so hilarious for some reason ddd

Pop ate my heart

and I became a slave to what??

[​IMG]

To his...

Love.
    Game.

[​IMG]

9. This could be really cool! I really remember some of the songs that leaked from the last big batch (2017\18) having dates on them.

Also loving these "Spotlights". Amazing recapitulation.

10. Pat

Pat

Interesting to know they stopped working after 'Paparazzi', this was already in 2007? So their feud was already there before she even released 'Just Dance'?

berserkboi and Maki like this.
  11. You probably don't believe it, I've really started this time actually and have already rated the first two and written some commentary.

12. This post made me crack up more than her pauses in speech!
    But, yeah, her artistic approaches for the interludes during early eras really have some hilarious moments.

Yes, I think I have these! They'll really come in handy.
    It looks like they parted ways in 2007 indeed. Their relationship was very tumultuous from the early days anyway, so this isn't really surprising. It will be covered in the final part of 'Lady Gaga before the fame' spotlight.
    Great! Keep going, I love commentary, and some songs really need them, haha.

I'm going to do a 'little' spotlight on songs we could've rated in an hour or so... you'll see what I mean.​

13. Pat

Pat

This rate also made me realize I've been listening to a more demo sounding MQ version of 'Dirty Ice Cream' without the intro for all these years. So that's a nice upgrade. However the versions available for 'Blueberry Kisses' in this rate seem to be more demo sounding, than the one I have (even though mine has the annoying Burim tag in it). I wonder how all these different versions of her music will affect placement in this rate, since everyone must be familiar with different edits.

14. I experienced some of this as well! I think our versions were fan made or something.
    To me, No Floods was basically a piano only ballad, so I was surprised when I found out there was actually a full band version of it.
    The demoitis is real.

15. Yep, there are many different (official and fan-made) versions and they resulted in, as I've mentioned earlier, quite an amount of mistakes I've made when assigning them.

@Pat, the "Dirty Ice Cream" version in this rate is labelled as the 'final' one, and I definitely know about the demo version and planned to include it, but mistakenly put two exact same versions in that playlist.
    As for "No Floods", both versions were officially released, so you shouldn't be too surprised, @myblood. Of course, I forgot to include the stripped-down version, but there will be an explanation.

I'll mention all the mess-ups of the song's versions in their respective eliminations including one fan-made song version that technically should've even been here.

16. Sorry, but I won't be able to do the spotlight as planned tonight. Instead, I'm bringing you another...

Leaderboard tea: Part 4 (20 voters)

[​IMG]
    • The song that's currently in the lead is the same song as with 15 voters​
    • The bottom placing song is still the same, too, and looks there's no hope for it​
    • Only the current leader has an 9+ average score.​
    • Nine songs have their average scores lower than 6, the same situation as with 15 voters​
    • One section has only one song in the bottom 10, and only one song in the top 10​
    • There are still two songs that received an 11 and have no 10's​
    • The number of songs that received at least one 10 or 11 remains 42
    • Thirteen different songs received at least one 11 - five songs have multiple 11's
    • The #1 song is getting more and more convincing, and now #2 and #3 songs are very close, as well as the rest of the top 10 in general
    • Two voters are losing their 11's before any of their 10's​
    • The current placement of the highest-ranking song without any 10's or 11's remains #26​
    • Three voters didn't award any of the songs a 10; only one of them didn't give any 11's, either.​
    (this update includes scores from the next five voters - @KYLE, @sesita, @Ana Raquel, @Untouchable Ace and @DominoDancing)​

17. 31st March is tomorrow here...
    3 days left to vote is April 2nd?
    Sorry, I'm a Holy Fool.

18. I'm counting the entirety of 31st, as well as the morning of April 1st GMT, so there are now technically two days left to vote *edits the thread title*
    And I'm planning for a tiny extension, but more on that later.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.