Lady Gaga: Unreleased, demos and rarities rate (Finished) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga: Unreleased, demos and rarities rate (Finished)

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Maki, Feb 16, 2020.

?

Which section had the most discoveries/is your favourite?

Poll closed Oct 8, 2020.
  1. 2005/2006 - Early years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Red and Blue EP

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. 2006/2007 - Pre-Fame sessions (Team Love Child)

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. 2007/2008 - The Fame sessions

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. 2008/2009 - The Fame Monster sessions

18 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. 2010/2011 - Born This Way sessions

4 vote(s)
    8.9%
  7. 2012/2013 - ARTPOP sessions

5 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. And... we have our first voter! It's me*.
    Finally finished arranging my scores last night, made some final amendments earlier this morning and here are the averages:

2005/2006 - Early Years - 7,417
    Red and Blue EP - 7,750
    2006/2007 - Pre-Fame sessions (Team Love Child)
    2007/2008 - The Fame sessions - 9,025
    2008/2009 - The Fame Monster sessions - 8,750
    2010/2011 - Born This Way sessions - 6,583
    2012/2013 - ARTPOP sessions - 6,500

I was a bit more lenient, since most of these are demos, but still absolutely love some of the songs and deservingly gave them high marks.
    As you can see, the 2007/2008 and 2008/2009 'eras' stood out the most and actually could've been quite impressive albums.

During the voting period, I will talk about each section as part of 'spotlights', so they will all be covered.

*Surprise! @Phonetics Boy just sent me her scores, which happened while I was typing this. Iconic.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  2. Am I crazy for thinking Changing Skies was a much earlier song? She sounds so young on it that I can hardly rationalize it as a Born This Way era creation.

berserkboi, Laurence and Maki like this.
  3. I always thought it was from before Born This Way for sure? A demo for The Fame perhaps? Cuz it sounds so basicd

berserkboi and Maki like this.
  4. "Changing Skies" was written in 2010 (but I'm fairly certain it wasn't intended for "Born This Way").
    The reason why she sounds so young is that the most of the song versions available are slightly pitched.
    I'm not sure if I included the 'correct' version, but I surely remember listening to the song with her vocals sounding more mature. Must check that during the day.
    The sound quality is also among the worst here, so it doesn't help, either.

Re-listening to it now, and I think I've overscored it.

5. phoenix123 likes this.
  6. CorgiCorgiCorgi likes this.
  7. evilsin and DominoDancing like this.
  8. Dear @Maki - thanks for the tag but i only have time for the PJ contests, sorry.... esp. in Eurovision season

Untouchable Ace, berserkboi and Maki like this.
  9. I never looked into Gaga's outtakes at all, so outside of Brooklyn Nights I haven' heard any of these. I'm in though! Why not!

10. No need to apologize, I completely understand that those contests are time-consuming (heck, I don't even know myself how it will feel to juggle them with this rate).

You're more than welcome - glad to have you here!

Untouchable Ace and berserkboi like this.
  11. reputation. and spaceship like this.
  12. Count me in!

Maki likes this.
  13. Definitely in!

Untouchable Ace and Maki like this.
  14. In! I know those pre Fame - Fame Monster demos so well.

Untouchable Ace and Maki like this.
  15. Music Is Death and Maki like this.
  16. No problem, thanks for letting me know. I just tag users who are interested in Gaga, no matter if they participated in rates or not. Also, you can always join during the reveals!

I'm going to do some final few tags, and tomorrow I'll post the first spotlight!​

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.