Lady Gaga - Yoü and I (4th single)

Re: Lady Gaga - Yoü and I (4th single)

LewJB said:
So where does the Barn dance/Field dance and Android Gaga come into it?

Seriously, it's nothing about 'thinking'.. the harder a video is to interpret surely means it's is merely a poorly edited video. Point in case: Alejandro. Mashing lots of disjointed imagery together is not intellectually rigorous.

I actually think it's part of her genius to make something as ambiguous/messy as possible and have her 'monsters' try to credit her for some genius over-analysed profundity they arbitrarily draw from it like an English Literature student.

It's too busy of a video for the ballady song it is. It becomes cluttered, her throw everything in but the kitchen sink approach. And the typical no barely there clothes dance scene is getting old. The beginning was stunning visually. I loved her look all in black. I loved her and Jo at the piano and I loved her look in those scenes. It had a young carefree vibe. The middle is just too many images for me and I don't think is brilliant art. The ending shot I adore. It's the Gaga I love.

No, you're right IMHO. But, again, having to question whether a mere cut-scene is additional to some jumbled storyline is more testament to poor editing.

And yeah, I'd agree Jayna in that the poor storyline is the only aspect of the video I dislike apart from Jo who I detest. It's Gaga at her most likable, and the cinematography is just gorgeous. Especially in the barn scene.

All the videos this era have lacked a decent visual style. There's just been, in my opinion, something off with every single one.

Rhombus said:
All the videos this era have lacked a decent visual style. There's just been, in my opinion, something off with every single one.

Yup, not one video from Gaga (Born This Way era) has made me go, 'OH MY GAWD, STAN SEISURE'. I think it's just simply that she's creating videos that are not easy to follow, like someone before said, Paparazzi & Bad Romance worked because they were easy yet artistic.

But all of her video's (Apart from EOG) i have been pleased with.

Rhombus said:

I agree except Judas. I love it save an extraneous dance scene not needed. Though I did think Jesus was Judas the first time I watched it because she seemed obsessed with him and not Judas and he was hotter than Judas. I don't know how I missed the crown of thorns.

Re: Lady Gaga - Yoü and I (4th single)

LewJB said:
No, you're right IMHO. But, again, having to question whether a mere cut-scene is additional to some jumbled storyline is more testament to poor editing.
Or a testament to your comprehension of the video? Like I said, the video's narrative is unclear and the editing is scattershot but I really don't think a straight-up choreography sequence needs much explanation or context.

Rhombus said:
There's just been, in my opinion, something off with every single one.
The lack of a professional music video director, I reckon. Even Judas, which I like by and large, suffers from signs of amateurism.

ephemeralartery said:
THIS TIMES 10000. The Monster era videos were flawless.

They were better, yes, but 'flawless' might be getting a bit carried away. Telephone is more random than most of the stuff she's been throwing out this era (but seemingly more effortless somehow) and Alejandro is about 1:30 longer than it needs to be (though I think it's really beautifully shot.)

Bad Romance is still her apex, musically and visually. Though Paparazzi comes pretty freaking close.

I was shocked at how good the Bad Romance turned out to be when it was first released as I thought it looked like a cheap knock-off of 'Can't Get You Out Of My Head' when the teaser of it was released.

Hahahaha.

Over 3 hours ago Gaga tweeted "Have a surprise for LittleMonsters! Didn't just shoot 1 You and I music video. 5 more fashion films to come by @inezandvinoodh. 1st in 3 hrs"

3 hours later, no video...so "Latey Gaga" trends.

Gaga responds:
"I appreciate my cute lilmonster nickname!! Latey Gaga is on the way lil babies"

CUTIE!!!!!

Any/All
ephemeralartery said:
Rhombus said:

THIS TIMES 10000. The Monster era videos were flawless.

Bad Romance is, in my opinion, only music video from Monster era that was flawless. Alejandro was ugly, and Telephone was too much.

She literally posted that video 5 minutes ago and it already has 20 dislikes and 1000 likes. Haha.

A bit pointless, the music was badly edited, but she looks nice. Is this for promo or what?

Rmx

He/Him/His
Beautiful. I actually prefer this over the real video, she looks beyond gorgeous. I love her.