Lady Gaga

I'm happy she isn't as terrified of using her falsetto as she was in the beginning of her career.
This performance (even just the ~minute of it) is one billion times better than the ArtRAVE version (which of course is understandable because she hadn't been on stage for an hour already). I'm just so happy she's focussing on vocal delivery, it's so clever to be subconsciously legitimizing people's opinions on her musicianship in between eras.

He / Him / His
I just hope and pray that receiving an honour as prestigious as this takes her off auto-pilot, like she was on for most of 'Artpop'. We don't need subpar versions of tracks she's already perfected in the past. If something like this goes straight to her ego and galvanises her approach towards writing for the next album, it can only be a good thing.

I just hope and pray that receiving an honour as prestigious as this takes her off auto-pilot, like she was on for most of 'Artpop'. We don't need subpar versions of tracks she's already perfected in the past. If something like this goes straight to her ego and galvanises her approach towards writing for the next album, it can only be a good thing.

She said in her acceptance speech that she actually feels very unaccomplished as a songwriter and that she has a lot of work to do, so I'm only assuming that her motivation to work harder and make better pieces is already in place.

I'm really hoping for her next album to be full of live instruments, power ballads and new sounds. ARTPOP felt like the climax to the standard "Gaga" sound. With JazzGa, The Oscars and performances like these recently, I'll be disappointed if she falls back into autopilot.Also, once again in true Gaga tradition, that look could be the base for an entire era.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping for her next album to be full of live instruments, power ballads and new sounds. ARTPOP felt like the climax to the standard "Gaga" sound. With JazzGa, The Oscars and performances like these recently, I'll be disappointed if she falls back into autopilot.Also, once again in true Gaga tradition, that look could be the base for an entire era.

I sure hope not.

he/him
The ARTPOP app has been removed from the App Store. May it rest in peace.

CH6OjdrXAAEjVC0.jpg

Last edited:

Personally I think that Gaga should stay away from the Jazz sound, Cheek to Cheek was successful in gaining her respect for diversity and not relying on theatrics, but I think PopGa is where she should go back to and stay.

There are ways to incorporate jazz in a "pop" way that could work. I doubt she's going to keep doing jazz when it comes to her pop music, though.

Absolutely no jazz on her next album, no thank you. I want dark synthpop, some sort of hodgepodge of So Happy I Could Die, Bloody Mary, Do What U Want, Sexxx Dreams and Brooklyn Nights would be ideal.

In light of her upcoming marriage I think a reflective album about the various relationships she's been in could make for a great album. Especially since people are dying for something more personal and 'dark' from her at a time that she's probably her happiest.

When I mentioned "JazzGa", I was talking about her finding her new voice and frame of mind. I don't want any jazz on the next album either, but if she can bring the enthusiasm and work ethic she's had for the Cheek to Cheek era, then we're set for something great.

he/him
Gaga is already mentally in her next phase, and has been for a while. I think the next campaign will be just as organized as Cheek to Cheek has been, although on a larger scale, since it is a pop record.