Lady Gaga

And yes - Linda Perry had that Miley Cyrus song in contention which wasn't nominated. So it might well be a case of her being a sore loser.

Inexplicably, one other tune, “Hands Of Love” from Freeheld, seems to be lost in the mix, even though it was sung by high-profile artist Miley Cyrus. The lyrics are every bit as meaningful and timely as any other contender this year — at least according to the Los Angeles LGBT Center, which was so moved by songwriter Linda Perry’s work that it put together a video featuring historical footage of the LGBTQ civil rights fight set to Perry’s original demo in a bid to stir up some awards attention for the song.

http://deadline.com/2016/01/freeheld-hands-of-love-linda-perry-song-demo-oscars-1201674444/

If this was me, I would pay for an article that includes the line: "Perry, whose own submission for Best Original Song, Hands of Love, failed to garner a nomination..." into some PR article. I'm petty though.

Anyway, I hope Diane addresses this. Linda Perry's timing is awfully suspect if you ask me. I had a feeling something like this would happen once the song was nominated though. The Oscars are so cut-throat, competitors get so mad to the point of sabotage - that propaganda someone spread about Lana's Young and Beautiful, specifically.

Well, if that is why she said what she did, how petty...

I also hate how she was like, "it's Diane's story". It's clear that it's Gaga story as well considering she cries every time she performs it.

Linda is gross for negating Gaga's experience just because she wasn't there for the entire process of the song's creation.
Well, if that is why she said what she did, how petty...

I also hate how she was like, "it's Diane's story". It's clear that it's Gaga story as well considering she cries every time she performs it.

Yep, and Gaga coming out with her story (after Howard Stern coaxed it out of her) was the whole reason Diane brought the song to her in the first place.

Linda only went into detail because crazed Twitter fans were pissed off at her original congratulatory tweet that was posted days ago. That tweet is the furthest thing from shade. I'm sure she didn't expect anyone to correct her, nor planned some sort of "expose".

I don't know the full story but Diane Warren has been in the business for many years and is usually credited as sole songwriter. I have a hard time believing Warren would allow Gaga to attach her name if she only made minor changes.