Lady Gaga

It'll be stopped dead in its tracks if she says something in the morning. All she'll have to do is remind Linda that she is nominated alongside Diane because she produced the track.

As far as I know, producers do no get the award. Madonna didn't get one for You Must Love Me. Guess in this situation songwriting credits are necessary.

D

Deleted member 13549

Diane's writing credits are almost solely her. I wouldn't imagine she'd be happy to throw Gaga a bone, even for publicity, if she hadn't actually contributed to a fairly significant extent.

Either way, Gaga hasn't purported to have done more than what Diane confirmed.

he/him
Linda might be unaware of Gaga's other contributions to the track. I think fans trying to correct her only made the situation worse, sadly.

Why would such a decorated and successful producer / songwriter spend their time arguing with teenagers on social media, especially about a project that doesn't involve them?

At least when Sia spills the tea, she's the one who dried the leaves (is that how tea is made?).

Why would such a decorated and successful producer / songwriter spend their time arguing with teenagers on social media, especially about a project that doesn't involve them?

At least when Sia spills the tea, she's the one who dried the leaves (is that how tea is made?).
Because if Twitter has taught us anything, it's that respected industry legends are all fucking idiots.

You just know that Linda Perry will be invited to discuss her ***ordeal*** on her partner Sara Gilbert's show The Talk with Sharon Osbourne and the rest of those yentas.

I brushed this off originally but I feel that this could really harm her chances of winning if it goes any further.

he/him
I brushed this off originally but I feel that this could really harm her chances of winning if it goes any further.

It very well could, since fans blowing the whole thing out of proportion (really, who decided to dig up a nearly week old congratulatory tweet?) caused press to run with it after Linda decided to respond to all the hate. In the end, she didn't say anything Gaga and Diane didn't already say while campaigning for the song, but her wording made the situation seem far more scandalous.

I doubt it'll come to anything, but stories hellbent on """exposing""" her as a talentless skank always seem to gain a sad amount of traction.

he/him
All this has done is prove the media is still waiting for Gaga to fuck up. Not one article cites the several interviews where Gaga has explained, in detail, that the song was essentially done before Diane brought it to her to be retooled a bit. There has been no fact checking whatsoever. I already said it the other day, but she needs to be careful once the album comes around.

I don't think she was a frontrunner for that award anyway folks.
Well she's still the bookies's favourite. Worth a punt if you think she's a no-hoper.
-QUBEB.png

From THR:

Linda Perry, the singer-songwriter whose song "Hands of Love," from the film Freeheld, was not Oscar-nominated by the Academy's music branch last week, is aggrieved that Lady Gaga was nominated, alongside Diane Warren, for the song "Til It Happens to You," from the doc The Hunting Ground.

Well...

Stereogum has kind of defended her, saying this is all nothing Diane and Gaga hadn't said in the past. Might be the narrative they should go with, brush it off, bring up their past quotes about the process, which basically said the song was pretty much done lyrically until Gaga helped with the composition.