Lady Gaga | Page 300 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Or you can simply get a 30 seconds long mp3 clip, tag it like Lady GaGa's song and then play the absolute shit out of it. That could also explain how can this guy have 4 Poker Face plays in a minute (Since last.fm is scrobbling tracks at halfway of their duration.

2. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

She was already Lady Gaga for a fair amount of time before she broke out.

3. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

So because you're losing interest in her, she won't last long? Slight flaw in that logic.

There's no real way of telling if she'll have longevity or not. However, at this point I think it's safe to say we can rule out 'one hit wonder' and 'flash in the pan.'

4. RJF

RJF

Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

She's built too solid a foundation, I think. In about five years, maybe, but I think she's here to stay. She'll never be at the same level she was a few months ago, but that's alright.

5. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Oh, yeah. I wasn't thinking in the next couple of months to be fair, I doubt she'll even have new material out by then. I'd be willing to give her about three years, maybe four, but when somebody experiences such a meteoric rise to fame the only way is generally down. She could be the exception to the rule, but unfortunately for her I doubt it.

Just to clarify, this's all my opinion. If you don't like it, tough.

6. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Never be at the same level whatttt...?  She just got more VMA nominations in one year than any other artist in history, thirteen...  She will dominate the Grammys this year.  People need to really calm down with their delusions.

7. LJB

LJB

Oh please.

I think Lady GaGa's the most overrated artist ever as a result of a rather bleek pop industry of late and clientele with lesser popintelligence (this is a phrase I coined, just now).

But I think she's gonna be around for a while. She's very, very popular. The kind of popular where she'll continue selling on name basis, not on the basis of any of her music.

8. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Here comes the seemingly daily reminder to keep the discussion in this thread about Lady Gaga......
    EDIT: Forgive me, we already had this conversation earlier today as well. Twice in one day!

9. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

HA! that makes me laugh at least she will go on stage dance and sing LIVE. She has more vma nominations that any other artist in history i think that speaks for itself.

personally the most overrated artist ever is britney what good does she do nowadays she mimes constantly and when she performs which is never she just walks around the stage sorry but if someone is overrated its britney

10. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Can we just say Britney and Gaga are both magnificent and make the world a more tolerable place for everyone?

I think so.

End.

11. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Recent tweet -- "Just emerged from studio bender to hear we won two teen choice awards. Thank you for believing in me little monsters! I'm your hooker. X"

So obviously there's something to the hooker thing.

12. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Delusion....is thinking an artist will maintain the same level of success for years and years to come. Not even greater artists than GaGa have achieved such a feat. No one is saying she won't have longevity along the lines of some of her other contemporaries, but she to will face struggles as trends begin to change and people's tastes change, just like every other artist. It's just an inevitable truth.

13. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

This made me laugh because it's so true. We've got dirtier as times gone on..

http://i35.tinypic.com/qobsw0.jpg

(thanks to Katie Nelson on Twitter..!)

14. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

No offense, but you're definitely one of those people.

We've got dirtier or it's become more accepted? I'd just say it's more accepted now and we express it more rather than getting any dirtier.

15. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

Probably a related theme to the next album

16. RJF

RJF

Mate, I was agreeing with you. But come on, she's hardly going to keep up this level of hysteria and hype for the entirety of her career, is she? The same thing will happen as what happened to Britney, Beyoncé, Christina, Mariah, Whitney... Hell, every single artist that had a massive beginning. Their sales go down a little bit, but more importantly, they stabilise and become a proper part of the pop landscape.

I don't agree with OhLex! that she'll fade, but calling me delusional for saying that she'll never reach the same heights again after this year is pure bullshit.

You really need an attitude check. I don't think I've seen you go into a thread yet without pissing people off with your argumentative and contemptuous attitude.

17. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

That article made him sound like a winging old man like the kind of old man who hates kids. Do you think he's bitter no-one wants a Stock, Aitken or Waterman record anymore?

18. RJF

RJF

Aw, man. I really do seem to be getting the shaft with the last-post-of-the-page luck recently.

19. Re: General Lady GaGa discussion thread

I think it's true to an extent but I do also think they've picked deliberately polar songs there. I mean 80s stuff like Sugar Walls, She Bop, pretty much most of Prince etc wouldn't make as startling a comparison..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.