Lady Gaga | Page 3742 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

2. Gaga's commitment to telling blatant lies on the promo circuit will never not be iconic. She's so brazen ddd.

"I actually didn't eat anything but prawn linguine for six months, even for breakfast, because Salma Hayek in character as her psychic told me that was Patrizia's religion. Even on set, I always had a bowl with me. Often they had to erase that in post; Ridley found it so charming."

LPT, Mr Blonde, aaronhansome and 11 others like this.
  3. Thing is, I don’t think she’s lying. This isn’t even something she’s doing for the film cycle, she says shit like this constantly. That’s what makes it funnier and far more iconic than if it were her just chatting shit, because she’s 100% serious and doesn’t believe the things she’s saying are maybe a little strange or awkward.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    LPT, SMG, Mr Blonde and 22 others like this.
  4. I mean, this is the woman who said she incubated in the 'vessel' for a week before the 2011 Grammys. None of this is new, she's consistently extra and iconic!

LPT, Alenko, heavymetalGAGA and 7 others like this.
  5. So the movie finally premiered in my backwoods swamp of a country and lo and behold a straight couple (teens) was seated in the same row I was. They kept TALKING LOUDLY over the dialogue and I kept telling myself, sis don't lose it, don't do it, don't cause a scene, and then I LOST IT when Patrizia and Maurizio were on the boat and the girlfriend loudly proclaimed, "THEY HAVE NO CHEMISTRY!"

Me: CAN YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP?!

And she did.

[​IMG]

As for the film, I felt the editing and storytelling was kinda off. They had so many unnecessary scenes about the family dynamics (kinda boring) but then they didn't really flesh out how Maurizio was not in love with her anymore, and towards the end, more time could've been spent at the trial. It would've been a more dramatic ending instead of what we got. They had 2 hours plus and that's how they chose to end it.

Was I entertained? Yes. Was it a good film? No. Was it camp? Yes.

We need Selma + Gaga as a comedic duo in an espionage or cop thriller type of film. I would watch the shit out of that.

6. She's always been goofy, I feel like the way she used to talk about Hollywood in her early career with such a "I don't belong there with celebrities. I don't care about celebrities"... Obviously she's had to involve herself in that world. But I love clips like that when it's her and celebs and she's just so comfortable being her weirdo self regardless of how anyone else is behaving. Makes me proud of her because I don't think Gaga 10 years ago could've handled that well. It's endearing and genuine, even though she cracks me up with the stuff that comes out of her mouth.

Tracy Jacks and LGStan93 like this.
  7. She’s honestly given us some amazing soundbites over the last 13 years.

8. @Judy Jetson Hooker's story made me remember I had a similar experience when I went to see the movie. We were seated in the same row as a straight couple (well into their fifties), and the guy was just unbearable. We had to change rows around thirty minutes into it. He just wouldn't let the chance go by to let out a knowing laugh totally out of line anytime Al Pacino said anything, to somehow let it be known to a room full of strangers that he... knew who Al Pacino was and was... aware that he was an acting legend? And on top of that, he would also sing along and snap his fingers and slap his knees with his hands to the soundtrack (particularly Eurythmics and George Michael). Like we get it Antonio, you were around in the eighties doing badly-cut substances. I wanted to kill him.

[​IMG]

VivaForever, Bobbyrae, LPT and 14 others like this.

9. NOT this comeback corner assassination.

VivaForever, LPT, Butterfly and 5 others like this.
  10. The last pic is amazing.

Butterfly and Vasilios like this.
  11. I think sometimes she can venture into being so earnest in the acting discussions that it comes off as just that bit too much. The constant need to let us know what techniques she studied and in what theatres sometimes appears as “Look!!! I deserve to be here too!” when it’s really not necessary anymore.

I understand it’s probably down to some internal frustration at the “pop star tries acting” tag being placed on her as though she’s undeserving, but she’s done what very few musicians have been able to in the acting field. The strength of her performances so far outweigh pretty much any sound bite she could give, but she’s a master of marketing herself so I wouldn’t expect it to change. She’s hammy and over the top and typically that’s eaten up in the circles she’s trying to appeal to, even if it comes off as over the top to everyone else.

monsterboy, LGStan93 and Vogue like this.
  12. Kiki was giving

[​IMG]

Honestly, Googs was dead serious and I’m obsessed. What a dork!

Mr.Arroz, Bobbyrae, LPT and 21 others like this.
  13. Reading this gave me horror flashbacks to when I watched A Star Is Born with a friend and these two old ladies talked through it the entire time, and so audibly. I did the look over and give a “be quiet stare” and it worked for about a minute. I finally did a giant “shhhhhhhh” and it stopped them… only for her to stand up and start to yell at me and my friend. Should I have said something other than a shhhh? Probably, but dear lord… if you want to talk, go outside.

14. Now I'm wondering what did she yell at you....

The nerve of some people, honestly.

VitaminBee likes this.
  15. Truly so frustrating. Especially with how expensive tickets are now. I can’t really remember at this point but it was something like “why are you shhh’ing me?” but yelled in a way even someone in the back row could hear it.

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  16. Almost as good as her reaction to Gaga's Oscar speech
    [​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, Mr Blonde, dvno and 16 others like this.
  17. Jennifer just going "...hm." to everything Gaga says in that clip has me in hysterics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.