Lady Gaga | Page 3750 | The Popjustice Forum

Lady Gaga

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by cherryboomboom, Dec 22, 2009.

1. RJF

RJF

She gave up the moment The Joanne Tour got cancelled. Her music career has been stasis.

dirtypony and matthew. like this.
  2. Gaga at the exact moment when the acting job gets a small slip\no universal acclaim but favourable reviews.

followed by

I think there's a lot to explore as a musician, still. Like, not only achievements (She can still work to snatch that AOTY with her own work on the Grammys instead of whatever they're doing for Love 4 Sale), but just musically itself. Bring on the original Jazz recordings. Go full acapella. Whatever, as long as she's involved and actually INTO it.

3. Maybe I really just phrased this wrong but what I am trying to say is it's probably a lot more exciting when there are so many more avenues to go down with film. Directors she's never met, costars she hasn't worked with, new genres, etc. There's just a lot more to explore and considering she's made six pop albums, two jazz albums, seven tours, two residencies...it wouldn't be surprising if this new medium was a little more exciting for someone who's done pop for 14 years.

jvckkk likes this.
  4. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

Chromatica was so disappointing we just want to see her making movies now, eh?

theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  5. Also supposedly there’s some buzz that she might be the female lead opposite Joaquin Phoenix in the Joker sequel.

spaceship likes this.
  6. We're eating today. Let me add this to the list of her rumored roles.

7. Goog as Mary Magdalene in Jesus Christ Superstar would kinda slay actually. I need her rendition of I Don't Know How To Love Him in my life

Edu likes this.
  8. This smells heterosexual.

joe_alouder, Raichu, Lapras and 11 others like this.
  9. Why? Wasn't the first awful one enough?

Sleepycat likes this.
  10. People supposedly loved it (I haven’t watched it). I’d prefer her be in a Harley Quinn movie with the “boring” Margot Robbie. At least it’d be fun.

VivaForever and SyPOPhantic like this.
  11. And y'all complained about Chromatica. We had it so good back then.

12. She is a singer yall
    [​IMG]

13. RMK

RMK

You can tell she was ready to give Chromatica this full masterclass campaign knowing all the goodwill surrounding her. Even if Joanne and ARTPOP took her out, the lead back to a full-formed dance pop album was clearly a goal and she was ready to give it all her energy. Looking back at that album, the funniest part is that no matter what she did there was so much public support that it would always be successful.

And Chromatica did always feel like a celebratory last-hurrah type moment before she dove into other projects, but the pandemic clearly took her out of it. And then it's sort of awkward because.. I doubt she's extremely happy with how it turned out? It has the numbers and success, but I'm sure seeing all your plans evaporate and not driving to keep up with them is tough.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    nesstorcx___ and jvckkk like this.
  14. Now Gaga playing Mary Magdalene... I might have to become a career-in-film apologist and attack longtime fans by telling them they only want RedOne bawpz!!1!!1 if I need to.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    heavymetalGAGA, lushLuck, Edu and 3 others like this.
  15. RMK

RMK

The only reason Chromatica didn't have a third single is likely Gaga herself, no? 911 was tested on different playlists, and Sour Candy blew up alongside Rain On Me. Pop radio wasn't here for her anymore, that's fair, but she still notched a top ten on the format with no promotion and.. No label wouldn't want to follow up a number one single.

16. She’ll likely need to flop again (or go through another perceived flop cycle) before she feels the need to gag us again with music. Nn

Lapras, Monado, Staticboombox and 2 others like this.
  17. This bang-on encapsulation of my winter mental state

bakerboy92, lushLuck and huntypoo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.