Lady Gaga

E4svmVmWYAE77Gh.jpg

Once again going down an early Gaga rabbit hole...sometimes I really do wonder what the Fame Kills tour would have been like, and how it would've impacted both Gaga and Kanye's careers.

It's probably helpful that people don't associate them together or even think of them in the same universe to be honest. It might have been different if they'd done the tour and worked on more together as a result.

Tangentially related but one of life's biggest mysteries for me is - how did they prepare Monster Ball 2.0 literally weeks after 1.0 finished. I wonder if Fame Kills was some sort of a combination of the two.
I'd love to see what a Fame Kills setlist would have been like.

Overall Q4 2009 is a really fascinating era of hers to me - I don't know how they all managed to fit everything in.

he/him
Tangentially related but one of life's biggest mysteries for me is - how did they prepare Monster Ball 2.0 literally weeks after 1.0 finished. I wonder if Fame Kills was some sort of a combination of the two.

Overall Q4 2009 is a really fascinating era of hers to me - I don't know how they all managed to fit everything in.

I think 2.0 was always being developed and meant to tour in 2010. It was 1.0 that was sort of rushed together (which is funny, since I personally prefer it)

Tangentially related but one of life's biggest mysteries for me is - how did they prepare Monster Ball 2.0 literally weeks after 1.0 finished
Monster Ball 2.0 was quite prop heavy wasn’t it? The staging wasn’t crazy? From memory.
Wow, me too! The stage design was leaked a year or two ago wasnt it and looked quite cool. Like the show was gunna be a bit of a back and forth from each side of the arena. Once this tour fell through they quickly moved away from each other didnt they? Never even rumoured to work together again (not that I’d of wanted it especially in the last 10 years) but it’s strange how they went from being on the cusp of a huge tour together to not having any interactions/photos or mentioning each other again? (Unless I’m wrong and they have?)

I always wondered if Gaga’s “Monster” and Kanye’s “Monster” were meant to be one and the collaboration single for Fame Kills, obviously becoming two very different songs in their final form that we know (especially since Kanye’s has a ton of guests on his).

he/him
I always wondered if Gaga’s “Monster” and Kanye’s “Monster” were meant to be one and the collaboration single for Fame Kills, obviously becoming two very different songs in their final form that we know (especially since Kanye’s has a ton of guests on his).

Nah, Gaga was toying around with the concept for "Monster" as early as 2008. Kanye's "Monster" wasn't written until 2010, post-Fame Kills.

The concept looks very interesting but then when I pair it with the song in my head it’s… not computing dd.

I wonder why the Eli connection didn’t go further than few instagram posts and Enigma. I guess he had his own things to do and it would be too demanding to be creating strictly with Gaga? Not sure if we spoke about this the other day.

I'll just never understand why they went with Stupid Love as the lead single ddd (I wonder if that was her choice or the labels). It's just... such a non-event of a song that's always a skip for me, I mean Rain On Me was right there.

I can so see that sketch modeling after the color scheme on the album cover. I definitely think "ShotOniPhone" had to do with some concept switching