Ladyhawke - 'Wild Things' (3rd Album) | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Ladyhawke - 'Wild Things' (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Guest member, Feb 24, 2016.

1. The video fits the song surprisingly good! I also love the single cover.

The River and Hillside Avenue should both get their music videos.

2. I do find that this has held up very well.

SBK and lushLuck like this.
  3. It's a very easy listen and it flies by, but I don't find myself seeking it out.

4. I don't have a negative thing to say about this album, but I don't feel inspired to go back to it.

5. SBK

SBK

I listen to it at least once a week at work. I love it.

6. I've been so patient with this album and I've been playing it hoping that it will grow on me. But apart from A Love Song, Wild Things, Sweet Fascination and Dangerous, the album is boring! I think I'd called this album faceless after the first few listens, and I stand by what I said. This doesn't feel like a Ladyhawke album to me at all..

Its depressing because I haven't struggled with her previous albums (and I'm one of those who even LOVED her second album).

7. I still love it, but it lacks depth, not lyrically but musically.

8. You're all very harsh. I've bought tickets to her Leeds gig in February and I am going to love every minute.

SBK likes this.
  9. She was great live, but if I'm honest I've forgotten I even have this album I've played it so little

10. It's a brilliant album, I've heard 'Let It Roll' on a couple of different programmes, so I thought she'd be pushing that over here? Hmmm

11. Are get getting any more singles from this or this campaign over already?

12. She has been mostly touring lately, I guess she'll release a tour video for Let It Roll and that will be it. It's a shame, this album is full of songs I'd LOVE to hear on the radio.

AndrewX likes this.
  13. Unfortunately she's a case of little recognition for the ones that deserve credit. My favorite album of hers by far.

14. She's doing a second full US tour in 2017 so that's something, I guess.

Pink Frost likes this.

15. Babyhawke is on the way.

16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

WHAT?!? Congrats to her xxx

17. That is... a surprise. Lovely, though.

18. Wow, congratulations to her!

Stopping by for a quick reminder to you all of what a life-changing BOP "Last Train" is:

19. Has anybody else listened to Wild Thing on vinyl? It sounds awful, I can hear high pitched noises on some of the tracks, I think it's due to it being too compressed.

One year later, I'm still obsessed with Money To Burn

20. This album still feels faceless even after all these months. I hope she returns to the sound of her first two albums. These happy-sounding tunes are absolutely dreadful.

ModeRed likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.