Ladyhawke - 'Wild Things' (3rd Album) | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Ladyhawke - 'Wild Things' (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Guest member, Feb 24, 2016.

1. I still love it, The River and Hillside Avenue are my bright day bops for a summer drive.

2. I'm with you, album is back on the shelf and I can't remember a single track... unlike first two albums

3. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Wild Things is such a joyous album - that's what is so good about it. Golden Girl is low-key my fave.

4. I found it more instant than her second album. The only tracks I don't listen to are Money To Burn and Hillside Avenue. I think they picked the wrong first single though. The radio edit of Wild Things was begging to be the lead single. That song is otherworldly.

2014 likes this.
  5. Great album! As good as her debut I think but haven't listened to that for a while. You cannot really go wrong with 80's influenced indie synth pop at the worst of times but this is a cut above. Favourites are The River and Wild Things.

I agree that Money to Burn and Hillside Avenue are the weak spots but their place on the album is where filler should be (mid late section).

AndrewX, wodny and lushLuck like this.
  6. Money to Burn is by far my favourite on the album, it has a very catchy chorus reminiscent of her debut album.

wodny likes this.
  7. Our girl has been through a difficult period.

lushLuck, berserkboi, D_ni and 9 others like this.
  8. Fuck, that's huge. So glad to read she is okay now!

BikeThief, Digital_Fossil and andru like this.
  9. Oh my God! I’m really glad she’s cured and recovering.

BikeThief and Digital_Fossil like this.
  10. A new collab with Crooked Colours.

eddy2375 and inevitable like this.
  11. andru, Jam, ModeRed and 2 others like this.

12. you set me on, you set me on, you set me on fire
    heartbeat drumming double time
    one life here with me and it's magic

QUIRKY POP RATE: THE DEBUTS

ModeRed likes this.
  13. I hope Tommy English is back on board. I love that they did together on Wild Things. Especially the title track, it's some of her best work.

On a grateful note, I'm glad she is continuing on after her battle with skin cancer.

etienne, lushLuck and BikeThief like this.
  14. I'm excited for this! I didn't know she was working on an album.

15. Her remix of Drinks by Cyn is every bit as essential as the original - which was already one of the best songs of the year. Looking forward to more music from her.

wodny likes this.
  16. I didn't realise that it had been so long since Wild Things! Really nice to see her back in the studio.

inevitable likes this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Oooh exciting!!

inevitable likes this.
  18. Recently, I have been listening a lot to her music. I am so glad the new album is coming. I cannot wait to hear what it sounds like. I freaking love Anxiety and I think it is her best album.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.